Complaint Review: Dealfind

• Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: Becky — Collingdale Pennsylvania United States of America
Dealfind

Dealfind Dealfind.com Fraud, Unethical, Cheating, Lying, Scammers Internet

*Author of original report: Dealfind-In response to your response

*UPDATE Employee: CS Dealfind

I have never been able to successfully use a Dealfind voucher, and this last one takes the cake. I purchased a voucher to Shampoo Bar Salon and Spa for spa services and every time I called they would say "we don't have any openings, call back in a few weeks." Yesterday I called again and the girl admitted that they just don't want to honor the voucher because the deal was set up by someone who is no longer with the company (So what? That doesn't mean they don't have to honor it!). I called Dealfind to complain, and they said they will forward it to their Legal Dept. and that there is no deadline or timeline she can give me as to when I will hear back from them, nor any guarantee that anything will be done. I told her that's not how business is run, and it's not sustainable, and you can't just decide that you don't want to fulfill an obligation. I told her maybe I will take legal action against the salon and she said "that's not up to you, it's up to US." EXCUSE ME??? These people will eventually go out of business because you can't sustain a business on false promises. And her customer service SUCKED! She was extremely rude. Obviously Dealfind doesn't care about their customers. I can't wait till they go under, which should teach other retailers a lesson about what not to do!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dealfind/internet/Dealfind-Dealfindcom-Fraud-Unethical-Cheating-Lying-Scammers-Internet-871667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dealfind

Dealfind-In response to your response

AUTHOR: Sunta - (United States of America)

Dear Dealfind,

Thank you for your note. I will follow your request and call the customer service satisfaction manager. However, since you refuse to give even a rough timeline as to when my complaint will be resolved, I am not sure what that person can do for me. As I explained to your representative on the phone, I am not seeking a refund, rather, I am seeking the fulfillment of a commitment and a promise, that I paid for and which is in writing and is, therefore, a contract. Since Dealfind seems quite unaware as to the correct way for your customer service people to respond, I am happy to teach you how you should respond, which would be thusly:

"We are so very sorry that the salon has refused to honor the voucher you purchased. We realize that you purchased something and that the salon promised, in writing, to provide that service in exchange for the money you paid, and that that has created a written contract with them that they are, in fact, duty-bound to fulfill. We will contact them immediately and will get back to you within 24 hours."

Dealfind, do you really think I care about the $34 I paid for this voucher? I really don't. What I care about is ethics that we, as a society, seem to be forgetting. It's not a matter of money. It is a matter of principle. Is there anyone left who understands that concept? When you say you're going to do something, you do it. When you promise something, you keep the promise. When people and companies promise something and then simply change their mind and do whatever they feel like, it is not sustainable, and that behavior will eventually lead to the ultimate collapse of a working society.

So, I will call the customer service manager, but unless they give me the response I'm looking for, which is, in fact, the only proper response, I will remain dreadfully unhappy, not only for myself, but for our future.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Savastio

CS Dealfind

AUTHOR: CSDealfind - (Canada)

Dear Becky,

Thank you for your post.

We are disheartened to hear of the difficulties you have experienced with using your Dealfind vouchers. When we are alerted to a merchant compliance issue, it is escalated to our Legal Compliance Department right away. As these investigations may take some time, we cannot provide customers with an exact time frame.

Please contact us at 1.855.631.6368 and ask to speak to a Customer Satisfaction Supervisor. They will be more than happy to assist you and resolve any issues.

We pride ourselves on bringing the best Deals to our customers. As per our Dealfind Promise, nothing is more important to us than ensuring all of our customers are happy.  If you feel disappointed with anything you bought from Dealfind, let us know within 30 days and we'll return your purchase - it's that easy.  After the 30 days, we look at each case on a case-by-case basis.   We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience, and we will work with you to make things right!

Thank you for using Dealfind.

Sincerely,