Complaint Review: Dealtree Inc., Best Buy Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, February 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By: Bill — Indianapolis Indiana U.S.A.
Dealtree Inc., Best Buy Inc.
30 Executive Park Suite 100 Internet United States of America

Dealtree Inc., Best Buy Inc. Dealtree Sells Damaged Scratched Non Working Return Merchandise Internet

On 1/12/10 I purchased a "returns" lot from www.techliquidators.com.  The lot was "returned" PS2 units.  This was the third "return" lot I had purchased from this company. The first two were fine.  This lot the company sold me units that were scratched up, had "kid stickers" all over them, defective units, missing parts, etc.

The units were shipped to me at my address on 1/22/10.  On 1/22/10 I call to complain about the "return" lot.  I was told they would only coorespond through email.  I emailed them on 1/22/10.   I asked for a full refund for this lot.  I was told in their response that they would not provide any type of refund to me.

Per Best Buy policy the store will not take back as a return any item under the following condition (see below).  Yet, these items were clearly damaged and abused and missing accessories.  I purchased a "returns" lot per their website.  How can this be a "returns" lot if the items I purchased clearly violates Best Buy's policy for a return item?

I then tried to email Garry Heath (COO, CTO at Dealtree).  He never even responded to my email.  I have never experienced anything like this before.

Non-returnable items
Some items are not able to be returned, including:
  • Labor, delivery, and/or installation services
  • Pre-paid cards such as music, photo, video, or phone cards
  • Digital content (e.g. music downloads from Napster)
  • Pitch In Card contributions
  • Consumable items such as food, drink and batteries
  • Items that are damaged or abused
  • Items that are missing accessories, such as remote controls, cords, and cables
  • Etched or otherwise personalized items
  • Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dealtree-Inc-Best-Buy-Inc/internet/Dealtree-Inc-Best-Buy-Inc-Dealtree-Sells-Damaged-Scratched-Non-Working-Return-Merchand-562917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dealtree Inc., Best Buy Inc.