Complaint Review: Debbie Rondeau's FourPaw Shih Tzus

• Submitted: Fri, September 24, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, November 13, 2004

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Debbie Rondeau's FourPaw Shih Tzus
52575 Ammon Rd Lapine, Oregon U.S.A.

Debbie Rondeau's FourPaw Shih Tzus - Debbie Kittselman Ripoff Totally fraudulant sale of Impure dog breed and lying to cover up the crime Lapine Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Other Rip-offs of Debbie Rondeau - Four Paws

I searched the internet Shih Tzu sites to find an Oregon breeder when I decided to purchase a puppy. Since I had never purchased a dog, I thought a breeder with a website and AKC registered dogs would be a safe choice. I began communicating with Debbie in March, 04. When my puppy, Teagan was born, I decided to send a deposit immediately.

Debbie told me I had to send 1/2 ($300) to hold the puppy. She would send pictures every two weeks until it was time to take possession at 9 or so weeks. At that time, I was required to bring $300 cash before she would hand over the puppy. Although I repeatedly requested photos of the parents, I did not receive them and after prying, received a total of 3 picturess of my puppy.

Debbie wanted to "meet" in Eugene to give me the puppy. When I first saw the puppy, I expressed surprise that she had very little facial hair--no "flowering. Debbie said it would come later. The response from strangers, my vet, and 2 groomers caused me to call Debbie once again and question Teagan's lineage. She told me there was no way Teagan was not a purebred---that she only raises Shih Tzus. I have since learned that is a complete lie. She has two other breeds on site, and even has a web site advertising her Shiba Inus.

When she knew I was very unhappy, she offered to sell me another Shih Tzu for $300. I told her I could not afford another dog. She also said I could send Teagan back to her and get a partial refund. How could I consider sending away a puppy I have come to love?

Just this past week, I have decided this is enough of this fraudulant business practice. Through a mutual friend I contacted two women in San Francisco who have a dog that looks like mine from Debbie. They will send you their own horror story. Debbie was shocked that we knew one another. We will be filing with the AKC as well ad the Oregon Attorney General's office. The Consumer Protection Agency here in Oregon has had many complaints about this woman. The local breeders also can tell horror stories from people who have contacted them to find out if they have Shih Tzus.

The Deschutes County Health Department has had many reports asking Four Paws be investigated. The officer has told me the kennel has been clean when he is there, but there are 50-100 Shih Tzus at the same time. There are also 2 other breeds of dogs. The people I know who have purchased puppies from her complain the puppies are unbathed and dirty when they pick them up. My puppy had supposedly been wormed, but had terrible parasites and had to be treated 3 days after I got her.

There may not be a law against puppy mills in Oregon---but fraud is definitely a crime. We will band together and do whatever it takes to stop this breeder.

Judy
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2004 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debbie-Rondeaus-FourPaw-Shih-Tzus/Lapine-Oregon-97739/Debbie-Rondeaus-FourPaw-Shih-Tzus-Debbie-Kittselman-Ripoff-Totally-fraudulant-sale-of-I-110024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debbie Rondeau's FourPaw Shih Tzus

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

Please read my story about Debbie Rondeau-Kitselman under Debbie Rondeau or Fourpaws. It is just rediculous how bad breeders stay in business and keep getting away with screwing people. I dont know how she can live with herself. Debbie has now changed her website and business name to avoid being detected and now doesnt even list her name anywhere on the new website. New website is www.wagintails.com

Other Rip-offs of Debbie Rondeau - Four Paws

AUTHOR: Lucille - (U.S.A.)

I also am a victim of Debbie Rondeau. I got ripped off for $700 for a male shih that doesn't even look like a shih tzu. Please read my rip-off report. There's a picture of Nikko. You'll see he doesn't look anything like a shih tzu. Do a search for Four Paws. You'll see other reports besides mine, but mine has the most rebuttals. Some of them are very interesting. I am also writing to the attorney general and the Better Business Bureau. Maybe if enough of us write to the attorney general, they'll do something about her.