Complaint Review: Debt Free Management Services AKA National Debt Free Management AKA Nova Star Home Mortage

• Submitted: Tue, June 01, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 01, 2004

• Reported By:Sunrise Florida
8105 Irvine Center Drive Suite 1260 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Debt Free Management Services AKA National Debt Free Management AKA Nova Star Home Mortage ripoffreport: Debt Free Management Services: phone disconnected/no e-mail or web site: paid nearly $ 10,000 failed to settle or return money/ will not respond to BBB in CA Irvine California

In Dec. 2002 I contracted with DFMS for them to settle with my credit card companies. I paid them $ 606 per month for 15 months. I had terrible phone calls from creditors. Two of the initial person I talked with left DFMS within a few months. From that point on, things went bad.
In 2003, two of my accounts were settled and money withdrawn from my account.
In Dec 2003, Citibank filed a law suit against me. Barry, a consultant, kept telling me "Don't worry. They can't do anything to you." Well, that was not true.
In Feb., 2004, Mickey Duncan advised me to FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY in Florida. She said things looked bad and do this as soon as possible. I asked her for copies of the settlement papers and for an update of my account. NOTHING has come from DFMS.
I Filed BK in Feb and it is now complete. The BK trustee has tried to communicate with DFMS and has not had one responce from them.
I am interested in joining with others to file a class action suit. I do not know what to do to get this company to pay for its miss deeds.
I did send DFMS a certified letter requesting settlement papers and my updated account with the back in CA. NOTHING has arrived.

Maggie
Sunrise, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2004 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Free-Management-Services-AKA-National-Debt-Free-Management-AKA-Nova-Star-Home-Mortage/Irvine-California-92618/Debt-Free-Management-Services-AKA-National-Debt-Free-Management-AKA-Nova-Star-Home-Mortage-93189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Free Management Services AKA National Debt Free Management AKA Nova Star Home Mortage