• Report: #119951

Complaint Review: Debt Free Management Services - National Debt Free Management - Nova Star Home Mortage

• Submitted: Fri, November 26, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 26, 2004

• Reported By:Palo Alto California
8105 Irvine Center Drive Suite 1260 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Debt Free Management Services - National Debt Free Management - Nova Star Home Mortage Debt Free Management Services ripoff report Debt Free Management Services phone disconnected no e-mail or web site paid $14,692 failed to settle or return money will not respond to BBB Irvine California

In Oct. 2002 I contracted with DFMS for them to settle with my credit card companies. The contrcat is signed by Paul McKinnon. I paid them $ 973.00 per month for 16 months. I had terrible phone calls from creditors. Two of the initial person I talked with left DFMS within a few months. There was Jason Mohammed, who was really sincere and was responsible and was able to close my two debts, although they were very small amount.

Unfortunately he left too. From that point on, things went bad. Suddenly, Ms. Renee Everhart became Executive Vice President and CFO of the company. Citibank, MBNA and American Express filed law suits against me. Their consultants, kept telling me "Don't worry. They can't do anything to you." Well, that was not true. Desperately one day I drove to Irvine with my wife and kids to meet Ms. Everhart. It was a long drive from Northern California to Southern California. When I arrived, the office door was closed. It took us lots of convincing to open the door. And there we go Ms. Everhart with her dog standing in front of us. Plush office, expensive furnitures, what else you could ask for. She behaved very unprofessionally and was very unhappy to see us.

As if she saw ghosts. At first she started shouting at my wife in front my kids, because according to her clients are not supposed to come to the office. I still don't know my wife's fault. If her dog can come to the office why not the clients. I believe clients are more importatnt than dogs. And it seemed to me that we are a lesser creature than her dog. Well, I can go on and on. Finally, the great Ms. Everhart with greater greatness promised that she is going to solve the problem. Well guess what that never happened. I tried to communicate with her by email, phone and FAX. All her beautiful promises never came to fruition.

In May., 2004, I had to FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY in California as the lawyers froze my bank accounts and I was almost on the street with my family. I begged Renee to give me back the money; hey! who cares; Ms. Everhart was flying high with stealing people's money and she was nowhere to be found. But I have some detail information about her whereabouts and I am willing to share with all of you. I asked her for copies of the settlement papers and for an update of my account. NOTHING has come from DFMS.

My bankruptcy is complete now. The BK trustee has tried to communicate with DFMS and has not had one responce from them.

I am interested in joining with others to file a class action suit. I do not know what to do to get this company to pay for its miss deeds.

Indranil
Palo Alto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2004 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Free-Management-Services-National-Debt-Free-Management-Nova-Star-Home-Mortage/Irvine-California-92618/Debt-Free-Management-Services-National-Debt-Free-Management-Nova-Star-Home-Mortage-Deb-119951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Free Management Services - National Debt Free Management - Nova Star Home Mortage