Complaint Review: Debt Free Solutions

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: rebecca — Coquitlam British Columbia Canada
Debt Free Solutions
4720 Kingsway, Suite 2600 Burnaby, British Columbia United States of America

Debt Free Solutions SCAMMERS Targeting People in Debt in Burnaby, British Columbia

I recently got SCAMMED for over $4000 dollars from a Debt Settlement Company by the name of DEBT FREE SOLUTIONS.  In Canada there doesn't seem to be any protection laws to protect Canadians from unethical debt settlement practices.  These people flud there Program Guide with so much information that it is so easy to get confused of what they actually do.  I was hesitant right from the start but everytime I confronted them of being a scam or taking advantage of the financial situation i was in they had some other excuse how that wasn't the case. From the beginning I was under the impression that I was in a 2 year program which I would be making monthly payments to them of around 293.00. For the first 9 months part of that would go to them for there fee & rest into another account which then would go towards my debt.  I even repeated this to them asking if I understood everything correctly & they said yes. [continued below]....
.....

They also said if I get threating letters  from my credit card company or creditors dont listen its Ok there  not my friends.  They also said these creditors are not my friend & to not engage in any conversation with them & if I do to direct them to them(meaning debt free solutions) & they will handle it. Debt Free Solutions gave me a # to give to the creditors or my credit card if they started to harass me to much & they would handle it.

The # they gave me 604-757-1287 is just a voice mail. And it turns out DEBT FREE SOLUTIONS never even talked to my creditors or credit card once even after I gave the creditors there contact info. They never answered one email or one phone message. To top it off there Burnaby address in BC is just a P.O box which I had to find out from the creditors.

I guess thats why DEBT FREE didn't want me talking to anyone because they would of told me there a scam.  When all this came to light I sent DEBT FREE SOLUTIONS an email stating that I feel they took advantage of me & miss lead me & that I was going to stop the payments I never heard back from them again. Which just proves they are a scam.

So who ever is reading this do not listen to DEBT FREE SOLUTIONS they are total SCAMMERS, MANIPULATES & WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY.  I could of had my card paid off by now & here I am right back where i started.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 05:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Free-Solutions/Burnaby-British-Columbia-V5H-4N2/Debt-Free-Solutions-SCAMMERS-Targeting-People-in-Debt-in-Burnaby-British-Columbia-1003705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Free Solutions