Complaint Review: Debt Relief Council

• Submitted: Wed, September 28, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 28, 2011

• Reported By: Carrie — East Olympia Washington United States of America
Debt Relief Council
5455 Wilshire Blvd Suite 2025 Los Angeles, CA 9003 Internet United States of America

Debt Relief Council George Pierce Took my money under false pretenses Internet, Internet

My husband and I were referred to this company by a "friend" who said they had gotten a loan modification from Gordon and Assoc.  We contacted George Pierce at Relief Council in Los Angeles CA and he did a pre-qualification intake interview with us saying that we were qualified for a Loan Modification and then gave us the specifics which were a principal reduction, an interest rate reduction, and a permanent 30 year fixed mortgage which all had specific amounts attached to them by Mr. Pierce. We were asked to pay $3000. for the processing. After sending in piles of paperwork that was requested by Gordon & Associates,  which was the law firm that did the pre-litigation, we got someone to be our "negotiator".  She also asked for more paperwork, which we supplied.

After two months we received a notice that our mortgage company was not part of the "Making Homes Affordable" program and that they would help us get some kind of relief.  Originally we were told that our mortgage Co. WAS part of Obama's relief for "Making Homes Affordable" and that we would be able to get a principal reduction, interest rate reduction, and a permanent change to our loan.  NONE of this happened.  I contacted the Relief Council and they said they couldn't do anything for us, so I contacted or should I say TRIED TO CONTACT the manager of the law firm and after many attempts, has refused to take my call.  At this point I have nothing to show for my $3000. for which they had promised and sent bogus paperwork to imply all of the requirements were met by me, so I was onto getting a Loan Modification.

I did receive a letter from my Mortgage Co. saying they did not do Loan Modifications but could reduce our payment for one year. Of course, this is not even close to what I was promised after the intake interview and it turns out that I would save $3000. by getting the reduction in payment.  SO---I JUST SPENT $3000. in order to GET $3000. Doesn't make sense to me.

Carrie
East Olympia, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2011 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Relief-Council/internet/Debt-Relief-Council-George-Pierce-Took-my-money-under-false-pretenses-Internet-Internet-782562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Relief Council