Complaint Review: Debt Relief USA, Inc

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:Gahanna Ohio
Debt Relief USA, Inc
16200 Addison Rd Addison, Texas U.S.A.

Debt Relief USA, Inc Debt Relief USA, Inc will take your money if you cancel svc - and will not provide any service as promised. They kept the 10% of total debt fee ($770)! Addison Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

I tried to get Debt Relief USA to start working with my credit card debtors and they said that I needed to pay a 10% of total debt fee; which was $770 in my case; keep sending in bills (cost of postage I paid); and then it could take up to 5 or 6 months before they would even start talking w/my creditors. In the meantime, they wanted me to send creditors some phony pre-printed letters they made up to stop creditors from calling me. This was ridiculous!

I would have been better off going the bankruptcy route; at least an attorney would have contacted my creditors by now, and i would not be getting all the phone calls 5 or 6 months after paying thousands to a phony company like Debt Relief USA, Inc.

I cancelled the service with them; and requesting a confirmation of this cancellation. They never called me or sent me anything. I had to call them again for them to say they don't do confirmations; and I would have to trust them to stop the direct debits from my checking account!

If you're thinking about going with this Debt Refief company; please don't do it! They will RIPP YOU OFF IN A HEARTBEAT AND NOT CARE ONE SECOND THAT THEY DID SO.

MY ADVICE: KEEP YOU MONEY AND GET A BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY OR WORK WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES YOURSELF -- YOU'LL SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THAT WOULD BE OTHERWISED WASTED ON A FRAUDULENT COMPANY LIKE DEBT RELIEF USA!!

Stanford
Gahanna, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Relief-USA-Inc/Addison-Texas-75001/Debt-Relief-USA-Inc-Debt-Relief-USA-Inc-will-take-your-money-if-you-cancel-svc-and-wil-367212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Relief USA, Inc

AUTHOR: Debt Relief Usa - (U.S.A.)

The admin fee amount is explained in both the enrollment and the agreement which you signed.

You signed saying that you understand that you will be charged an administration fee for us to help you acheive your goal of becoming debt free over a 36mth period of time.

Out of the 36 mths it would have taken for you to acheive sucess you stayed with the program for 2 months and mailed in 2 payments.

We left message after message for you to send in your creditor statements so that we may know who your creditors are. We did not even have a month from the time you sent in statements to the time you cancelled.

To go the bankruptcy route over 7k might not be the best option concidering you would have to deal with that for the next 13 years and that is only if you qualified. Our program was just 3 but requires patience.

The total amount that was paid in to our company was $316 on a $7700 debt. We had not contacted your creditors because your creditors will not accept $316 to pay off a $7700 debt and they will not listen to promices. We cannot contact them until you have some funds in your escrow account for settlement.

We do make note when a client cancels and I notice in your complaint that you did not mention any debits from your checking account after canceling which is what we said would happen.

We would be happy to go over your situation with you but I am unsure how we could have made you happy in the short amount of time you were in the program.

When you are unable to make your minimum payments anymore and seek the service of a debt management program you will receive phone calls. You essentually have their money and they have every right to contact you until they have a check in their hand for either payment in full or a settlement check.