Complaint Review: Debt Relief USA

• Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Sugarloaf Pennsylvania
Debt Relief USA
16200 Addison Rd, Suite 105 Addison, Texas Afghanistan

Debt Relief USA They are holding my 'set aside' funds of over $3500 - that I have paid them to work with a credit card company to settle my debt. The contract of 42 months expired on 5/23/2009 and they did not even try settling this debt. They deduted $500.00 each month from my checking account. I have put a stop payment on any future withdrawals. I have tried calling them constantly every day since April and no Addison Texas

*Author of original report: reply

*Consumer Comment: Please help me to understand

I contracted with this company in Dec 2005 to handle my credit card debt. 4 cards - I agreed to pay them $500.00/month for 42 months as they said they could have my debt reduced up to 40-60%.

After 42 months (May 2009) they still had one card to settle - and they didn't even try to contact them on my behalf. They have over $3500. of my money as 'set aside' funds to begin barganing with my credit card company. I have had the bank put a stop payment on any more funds to be withdrawn.

I had contact with the collection agency for my last credit card debt and settled it within minutes. I now need to get back my unused funds to repay my parents for the loan they gave me to settle this last card debt.

I have called and called, left messages, sent a registered letter, faxed them - and they have not gotten back to me. Then I see all these reports on "ripoff' and the many others who were 'taken' - Can you help me get my funds back.
I have fulfilled my end of the contract - they are not being honest with their end. I wish I would have seen all this stuf before signing up with them in 2005

Danny
Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Relief-USA/Addison-Texas-75001/Debt-Relief-USA-They-are-holding-my-set-aside-funds-of-over-3500-that-I-have-paid-the-464269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Relief USA

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

Because I had 4 credit card debts and the sum of those payments were more than the 500.00 monthly payment made to Debt Relief. Plus with all the interest charged, my minimum payments hardly reduced my principal debt. I could never see light at the end of the tunnel this way.

Please help me to understand

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

If you were able to pay these people $500.00 a month, why didn't you just put it towards your credit card payments instead? I'll never understand why people don't do that.