Complaint Review: Debt Relief USA

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:inglewood California
Debt Relief USA
16200 Addison Rd., Suite 405 Addison, Texas U.S.A.

Debt Relief USA This company took my money Addison Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

i sign up with this company to help me out in my credit debt. so they told me they would ask me how much that i owe and they set up a monthly payment.i been paying this company for 5 months and they never did anything for me when i went to collections.

i called to cancel my service from them and they told me it was fine but when i ask about my money they said its not re-fundable.the problem that i have with that is because they were already taking a fee forthemselves so i thought thats the money they keep. its not they are keeping all of it.

this company has taken about $ 2000 dollars for free and didnt help me out in my sitution. to everybody out there dont call this company.

Omar
inglewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Debt-Relief-USA/Addison-Texas/Debt-Relief-USA-This-company-took-my-money-Addison-Texas-360561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Debt Relief USA

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Debt Relief Usa - (U.S.A.)

Your account has been in the No responce status since we advised your wife that you had to be the one to cancel the program because you were the one who said you wanted to continue and the account is in your name.

We advise you to contact us so that we can work out an agreement at 866-461-0752

Upon reading your notes I notice that 4mths into the program you stated that it just was not fast enough for you but we advised you that there is no plan in this world that will allow you to be debt free in 5mths unless you have the funds to take care of the debt. We do not erase your debt we negotiate with the creditor for a lump sum payment that is generally around 1/2 of what you owe for the creditor to acknowledge that you have an hardship and are unable to pay them as agreed when you opened the credit card.

We are not in the business to take your money and run, we have very happy clients but the happy ones are the ones who patiently ran the full 36mths of the program. We would not tell you it will be a 36mth program if it was really a 5mth program.