backward

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Concearned Renter — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Deen Properties Inc. Cecelia Ann Deen

Deen Properties Inc. Cecelia Ann Deen Dale Deen Cecelia Ann Deen; Deen Properties Inc Ripped me off, Greedy, Liers, Rude, Internet

After a lenghty stack of rental agreement papers to move into a $700 room I was in. At the end of my first month I get a notice on my door stating that my rent along with 5 of my roomates was going up $150 after our lease was up. Crazy!! I tried calling Cecelia Ann Deen and Deen Properties but no answer or call back for several days. I emailed and still no reply. After 8 days go by I finally get a response saying that my rent was going to stay the same.

Incident #2 2nd month I'm asked to contribute money towards carpet cleaning when one of the roomates decides he has had enough of Deen Properties trying to suck money out of us.

3rd Incident. I notice cigarette smoke lingering in my room every evening. I try contacting Cecelia but still no response. Finally after several days I get a call and she asks me to move into another room if the smoke bothered me that much. [continued below]....
..... I tell her its too much of an inconvience. Being allergic to cigaretes I inform her that I will be moving out.

She then throws a big fit and starts threatening me that I can't move out and that I have a lease agreement, which I did sign. I was also informed on losing my deposit.

This is where it starts getting me really upset.

Incident #4. She says that I have to fill the room otherwise I will be responsible for rent till my lease is up. I understand how this is fair. So I start advertising on Craigslist and start recruiting mulitple candidates to fill the room. I have several people interested and wanting to fill the room.
I give the contact information to Celcelia and Dale Deen and the next day I get calls back saying nobody is interested.  When I comtact Cecelia and ask what the problem was with the people I sent over she starts getting defensive and starts yelling at me on the phone. I tell her to stop yelling and she hangs up on me.

She then leaves me a voice message saying to keep aggressivly looking for a renter. I continue showing the room and the same thing happens again!

I am still to this day trying to get a straight anwser from her on when I am going to be released from the lease agreement. I have someoone else intereted in the room but Cecelia Ann Deen will not give me any straight anwsers on the progress of bringing in another tenant to fill my room.

I need legal help on this situation.

Mahalo for reading and not renting or doing business with Deenpropertiesinc.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deen-Properties-Inc-Cecelia-Ann-Deen/internet/Deen-Properties-Inc-Cecelia-Ann-Deen-Dale-Deen-Cecelia-Ann-Deen-Deen-Properties-Inc-Ri-990955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deen Properties Inc. Cecelia Ann Deen