Complaint Review: Deer Crossing Elementary School , Heather Michael

• Updated: Tue, November 29, 2011

• Reported By: Fed Up Parent — New Market Maryland United States of America
Deer Crossing Elementary School , Heather Michael
10601 finn drive new market, Maryland United States of America

Deer Crossing Elementary School , Heather Michael DCES,D.C.E.S., dces, deer crossing elementary,deer crossing,Deer Crossing, Heather Michael School in decline------- Administrators bleeding hearts making a mess of a once good school------- new market, Maryland

*Author of original report: School board on the level - school went rogue

I relocated to Lake Linganore specifically to be in a good school district. The reviews were all positive. My son attended first and second grade at this school and we were happy. This year for third grade we got a new principal. I will not write what I want to write about this woman. I will tell you that if you would like to move to communist Russia, (where you are not consulted on any aspect or involved in any decisions related to your child), save the flight and enroll your students at Deer Crossing Elementary.

My son was enrolled in low income tax payer funded breakfast without my knowledge or consent, after the naive new bleeding heart hippie principal met with my son. My son explained we didn't have any food at home. He was never served breakfast. He is eight.

This woman has as much common sense as the deer the school was named after.

She made no contact with me whatsoever. [continued below]....
..... She believes him and signs him up for this government subsidized program and he proudly comes home to tell me that he doesn't have to eat Cheerios in soy milk anymore cause every morning they will be providing my pre- diabetic (previously) son french toast sticks covered in powdered sugar and maple syrup.

School officials on vacation or in a meeting. No return phone call.

Had to drive to Frederick county School Board to confront officials about school replacing the parent. School board was great to deal with. Smart people in that office. Unfortunately not the case at deer Crossing.

I have since talked to 4 other parents in my small section of the neighborhood, who all had issues with this woman's totalitarian regime.

Smug arrogant, know it all with a masters degree, sums up the principal at Deer Crossing. Heather Michael is in charge. Who do you parents think you are? It's not like you pay her salary, nor is it like you are in charge of your child. I have never met nor spoken to her (cause she does not return messages to parents) yet she knows what is best for my son.

I am pulling my son out and home schooling my son. He can't B.S. me cause I have a tiny amount of common sense. Must be cause I do not have a masters degree.

Skip Deer Crossing. I hear New Market Elementary is now the better school.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2011 12:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deer-Crossing-Elementary-School-Heather-Michael/new-market-Maryland-21774/Deer-Crossing-Elementary-School-Heather-Michael-DCESDCES-dces-deer-crossing-eleme-801617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deer Crossing Elementary School , Heather Michael

School board on the level - school went rogue

AUTHOR: Fed Up Parent - (United States of America)

I received a call yesterday from the director of elementary education for the F.C.P.S.. He stated that he instructed the school to follow the law. I got the distinct impression he was met with an argument by this Heather Michael know it all woman. The way he made his statements was to the effect that he had moved mountains so the school would act within it's limits. I am meeting with the one on staff home school coordinator/monitor for the county at 2:30 pm today. I do not think we will continue enrollment at this once great now defunct school. This Heather Michael woman is 100 percent responsible for the actions at this school. She is personally the one who acted inappropriately. I feel she should find work at the DMV where this kind of unfriendly anti-customer sentiment is common. Her Master's was not in education but some school administration big government how to be a bureaucrat.  She is a poor excuse for a human being.