Our experience with Deer Valley Watersports Inc started in 2007 when we started taking our 2003 Supra Launch 22SSV for routine maintenance. We never had any problems or complaints with the service & maintenance performed by the company. As a result, we had learned to trust this company with all of our boat issues.
On or about August 10, 2009 we take our boat in to have the fluids changed as well as the batteries replaced in our boat so we could take it out. We expressed to the sales guy, Kenny Hall, that we had been interested in getting rid of the boat. He explains we can sell our boat with them on consignment for a fee of $1500 which gets included into the sale price of the boat. So we would be selling our boat for $21,500 them getting their fee and our share of the sale proceeds being $20k. We basically tell him we'll think about it and get back to them after we take our boat out.
On August 15, 2009 after taking our boat out, we return it to their lot. They had provided us a gate code so we could store our boat there as agreed per a conversation with Kenny on the 10th. This would be the last time we would ever see our boat.
On August 17th 2009, my husband calls the shop to confirm with them that we had dropped our boat off there & that we had decided to go forward with the consignment of the boat. He informs my husband that they plan on doing a couple of repairs that they believe will aide in selling the boat, which we then agree to. He also explains that they will start showing our boat to customers.
Between the dates of August 31, 2009 and October 16th, 2009 some Canadians supposedly had been interested in our boat. They had put a $1500 deposit on the boat. On October 16th, 2009, my husband calls the shop and is told that our boat was sold. During this whole time, my husband had to call them for updates...not once did they ever call us regarding the status of anything that was going on.
On October 27, 2009, my husband makes another phone call to check the status, because again they do not return calls. He is told that the boat was in fact still sold, but that since the buyers were Canadians it would take longer for the funds to be available.
November 2, 2009...still no word from Deer Valley Watersports, my husband calls Kenny to find out the progress. Kenny apologizes and says it should be funding today or tomorrow, but that it is taking longer than normal.
November 9, 2009, my husband puts another call into the shop. Kenny explains that he doesn't deal with the banking part of the deals & that Ryan Martin (owner) is more familiar with how that all works & he will have him call my husband.
November 16, 2009 we never heard anything from Ryan Martin. So my husband calls and talks to Kenny. Kenny tells him that he told Ryan to call him on several occasions & that he cannot understand why he does not do what he says he will do (Ryan). He also mentions that as far as he knew, they were still waiting on the Canadian funding of the boat. Later that same day, Ryan finally calls my husband saying that they were waiting for the hold to come off the check & that is shouldn't be any longer than another week.
November 23, 2009, at this point we have not heard anything...so again, my husband calls the shop. He speaks to Kenny. Kenny then informs him that the Canadian deal fell through, but that they had 2 other couples interested in the boat. In the future, they are only going to be accepting non refundable deposits on the boat with any other potential buyers. Kenny says he will keeps us posted.
November 27, 2009, for the first time we finally get a call from Kenny telling us that they have another buyer for the boat and that they want to put a deposit on the boat.
December 1, 2009, my husband calls Kenny and Kenny tells my husband that they did accept a deposit on the boat and they are awaiting the bank to approve their loan. He stressed how difficult it is to get a loan these days and how long it can take. He will keep us posted.
December 7, 2009 my husband calls the shop totally frustrated at this point. He speaks with Kenny and tells him that he is losing his patience & feels we are getting the run around. He says, "no, we are still waiting on funding" and that he will have Ryan give him a call. My husband tells him that he needed to get a call or else he was coming to get his boat and canceling the consignment agreement. Kenny says no problem & he will have Ryan call. Kenny at this time gives my husband Ryan's cell phone number and immediately after getting off the phone with Kenny, he calls Ryan. He leaves a message on his voice mail expressing his concern about the entire situation. Ryan does call back later in the day saying the deal is good & they are still just waiting on the loan approval. Ryan says he will call within the next 2 days to update us.
December 11, 2009 my husband calls again after receiving no such call from Ryan and speaks to Brandon who says neither Ryan or Kenny are in the shop.
December 15, 2009. Another call is made by my husband and he speaks to Kenny. He tells him he has had it. Ryan does not call back nor does he seem to do anything he says he is going to do. Kenny agrees & says he deals with this all the time and it's very frustrating for him. My husband says he wants an answer by tomorrow about the status of the check otherwise he wants his boat back. Kenny says he will relay this information to Ryan.
December 17, 2009 my husband FINALLY receives a call from Ryan who then tells him that the boat is sold and funded. Bank of America had a hold on the cashiers check and he will see what he can do to expedite the check. He will keep us posted.
December 31, 2009...still no word from Ryan. My husband calls the shop and speaks to Ryan who then tells him that due to the holiday the hold on the check had been extended a couple of days. He (Ryan) will go down to the bank and speak with his banker to see what is going on with it. He will keep us posted.
January 6, 2010 Ryan calls and says the check should be ready for pick up tomorrow.
January 13, 2010 after not hearing anything, my husband puts in a call to the shop. He speaks with Kenny who says that Ryan was next door on a delivery & he will have him call ASAP. He tells Kenny he is very upset at this entire situation (again) & he understood. He tells Kenny (again) that if he doesn't have his money by Friday (1/15/2010) he was coming and taking back possession of our boat. In the meantime, my husband's mother who lives by the shop calls to ask what is going on. That is when she is told by Ryan that the boat is not in Arizona anymore. The new owner has it in CA. At this point we are concerned about why Ryan would sell the boat to someone without doing the transfer of the title...which we still have.
January 20, 2010, my husband calls Ryan's cell. He answers and is very rude asking why my husband why he had his mother call about the boat (my husband had no idea his mother had done this at that time). Ryan asks if he can talk to his mother about the situation and my husband tells him yes. He then asks Ryan how could he release the boat to the customer without him signing the title over. Ryan says its because of the consignment agreement. My husband says he wants the boat back & that he will not sign the title over. Ryan then says that if he doesn't sign it, we will hear from his attorney (that he doesn't have). My husband then tells him that if he doesn't get the money by Friday (1/22/10) we will be contacting the police and reporting it stolen.
January 22, 2010 my husband sends Ryan a text message asking what is going on & that we never heard back from you. He tries calling and it just keeps ringing with no answer.
January 25, 2010, I finally start communicating directly with them trying to figure what the heck is going on. Ryan then tells me that he had not wanted to tell us this, but that the new owner of the boat took it out and blew the motor out. The new owners are pissed and want Deer Valley Watersports to replace the engine. They (new owners) had already taken it to a shop and had determined that a new motor was needed. He was going to have to contact his attorney because the new owners had now put a hold on the funds. Mind you, I know now that Ryan Martin does not have an attorney...so these are all lies.
January 30, 2010. We never hear anything back from Ryan so my husband makes a trip down to the shop where he gets confirmation that our boat is not on the premises.
February 1, 2010. A friend forwards me links to the "ripoff report.com" about numerous complaints against Deer Valley Watersports that are basically the same modus operandi as what had happened to us. We then realize that our only alternative is to file civil suit which is what we did.
These people do criminal activity under the guise of a business. Do not trust them and I strongly urge anyone interested in selling anything through this company to not do it. They will sell your property, pocket the money and never look back nor think twice. They have absolutely no conscious about what they are doing to people. They gave us hopes around Christmas that we were getting our money only to find that they had no intentions. Their excuses simply buy them time. I'm certain that our proceeds went to pay off the other people that they had ripped off. I find it ironic that all the sudden the people who filed complaints on here are getting paid about the time that they probably received the $21,500 (or more...who knows) for selling our boat. Frankly with all the lies we have been told, we would not be surprised if the boat sold back in August or September and they were lying about the deal falling through to buy time since they had clearly kept our proceeds and spent them. Eventually their actions will get someone's attention and hopefully open a criminal investigation into their activities ultimately bringing all parties involved down. I can promise them that much. They will not get away with stealing $20K!!!!