Complaint Review: Defender Direct

• Reported By: Another Duped Customer — rahway New Jersey
Defender Direct
Priority Way Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Defender Direct ADT Shady Company provided by ADT Indianapolis Indiana

This company is shady and so is ADT.  First, I answered an email about a 90 dollar installation if I installed an alarm from ADT. I spoke to a rep from ADT on the phone who told me a bunch of lies but never mentioned that I should prepare myself for an hours worth of extreamly high payment options or that I will never see the 99 dollar installation that was advertised. Instead he insisted that he send an ADT rep out to my home to install the alarm. Me, not knowing what to expect let the guy install the alarm and then afterwards he set down to give me the truth behind the screen.  He brings out all of these boxes of gadgits. "I'm talking boxes upon boxes of stuff. He begins thowing out numbers like, this package is 700 a month for 3 months, this one is 500 for three months and so on. 500 for 3 months? I can't do that. And here comes the hard sell protect your family speech. After an hour of me saying no, no, no, no, no. I want the 99 dollar installation that doesn't exist, we finally settled on a package very very much higher than 99 dollars but at least it was one payment.

So between Defender and ADT, I got the monthly payment I had to pay + the first month that ADT takes up front + and additional installation cost when I thought is was 99 dollars + I just got another bill in the mail for 78.00 from Defender for a permit fee that wasn't explained to me.  I would caution people, if you are going to ADT because you think you're gonna get an alarm for 99.00 plus a 50 dollar monthly fee you may want to do some research because it's going to run you alot more than that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Defender-Direct/Indianapolis-Indiana/Defender-Direct-ADT-Shady-Company-provided-by-ADT-Indianapolis-Indiana-1100099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Defender Direct