Complaint Review: Dekalb County Tax Commisioner Office

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2004

• Reported By:ELLENWOOD Georgia
Dekalb County Tax Commisioner Office
PO Box 100004 Decatur, Georgia U.S.A.

Dekalb County Tax Commisioner Office ripoff dishonest Decatur Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: I work for a Property Tax Commissioner

I paid my taxes on my property for the year of 1998 late. This was due to a lean put on the property which I did not know about because I moved into the home in July of 1998. I ended up paying over $2500.00 to the tax commissioners office when I should have been paying a vulture company, Vesta Holding.

My financial transaction has no record on file at the Tax commissioners office, and I cannot find a reciept one year later. My property was sold and I now have an additional $90,000.00 I am suppose to pay for the property.

I used my income tax return to pay the taxes owed that is how I remember paying. I refuse to be beaten out of $90k .

Terence
ELLENWOOD, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2003 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dekalb-County-Tax-Commisioner-Office/Decatur-Georgia-30031/Dekalb-County-Tax-Commisioner-Office-ripoff-dishonest-Decatur-Georgia-60457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dekalb County Tax Commisioner Office

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I work for a Property Tax Commissioner

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Very sorry for your issue with the Tax Commissioner's Office. There are two things that could have happened here; one is you can have them go back to that year and pull up the transaction (it probably was never entered by the teller) because all transactions are kept on a Mainframe for 10 years, the other, the teller could have pocketed your money (especialy if you paid in cash or money order.

This has been a problem in a lot of the offices! If you have the cash or a way to get it, the property will be sold at a public auction in front of the court house for the price of the taxes, plus. Watch your local paper for the above. IF I TRUELY PAID IT, I WOULD GO TO THE COUNTY/CITY COMMISSION WITH THE COMPLAINT. Since this an elected position, you have rights. Good luck!