- Report: #1127432
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Deliv
Delivglendale, los angeles, santa monica, California USA
Deliv Shortened drivers, deliv, deliv shortened, deceiving, racist, prejudice glendale, los angeles, santa monica California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I recently applied at "Deliv", for a driver job. Their process requires that the applicant do a pre recorded video interview. Also when reading through their website, it says that their drivers are regular folks, see below:
"Our partners are friendly, awesome people in the community who are either under-employed, retired, parents with grown children, or folks who just want something more interesting than a standard desk job."
Also I saw that I met ALL the requirement for a driver position. I got no criminal record, no bad driving record, I have a new car with insurance and a valid license, etc. Here are the requirements:
What We Need From You
- Must have your own vehicle - Proof of valid insurance - Four years driving experience with conventional vehicles (car, truck, and/or van) - Must be 21 years of age or older - High School education or equivalent (GED or vocational) - No criminal record -a background check will be conducted - General knowledge of local community and surrounding areas (delivery footprint) - Smartphone with a data & text plan (iPhone or Android)
- Valid Driver's license with clean driving record (no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years) - Passion for stellar customer service.
However, after I called them I was told that unfortunately they were looking for somebody "outspoken", I was not they wanted at that time. Apparently not outspoken enought. I told this person I had all the requirements to do this job as a driver, but I did not get a satisfaying answer. What I believe is that these people are putting their own prejudice before the decide to hire a person. I believe they use their pre recorded interview from candidates to "SEE YOU" first before they hire you. Obviously they saw I am hispanic and not "what they wanted at that time". How can they decide if you are a good potential candidate from a short video where the applicant answers 5 questions, general type of questions. How can they know your skills/abilties and or even your character from just a short pre recorded video. In my opinion, if they are looking for honest- good drivers, then your background record would be a good indicator of who you are, your DMV record will show how good as a driver you are. Further, if the applicant has all the other requirements like school diploma and such, all they have to do is inquiry further. The fact that they denied me from just looking at the video can only indicate that from SEEING THE APPLICANT they decide.
Deliv, in my experience basically denied me a job for my appearance, my race. Because I was not what they needed, I guess because I did not look as they expected. I am in my forties, so my age could also have been a factor. If I have all the requirements for the job, what else is reasonable to think? I have no problem speaking english, reading english and writing english as you can see here. So only conclusion I can see is they discriminated me.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deliv/glendale-los-angeles-santa-monica-California/Deliv-Shortened-drivers-deliv-deliv-shortened-deceiving-racist-prejudice-glendale-l-1127432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.