Complaint Review: Dell / Alienware

• Submitted: Sun, October 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, October 10, 2010

• Reported By: Alienlapcrap — oregon city Oregon United States of America
Dell / Alienware

Dell / Alienware Great looking expensive Computer that has not worked since day 1. Internet

Buyer beware.  I was told by many that dell has zero customer service.  I didn't listen and now I'm paying the price.  I bought an M17x around 7 months ago.  From the first day I opened the box it had an audio issue.  First time I called they said I needed to buy a different warranty because it was a software issue.  I already purchased a in home warranty when in purchased this laptop.  After a half hour or so the guy figured i'm not buying a warranty he switched me to the tech department.  This is where they started the whole remote access fix.  First telling the problem was my mouse,  which I told them I purchased the mouse from them when I bought the laptop (Razor, Mamba).  Then they tried some other crap.  I tried the fix and of course same problem.

Long story short.  I did 6 remote access attempts which spanned 6 plus months.  Then they finally sent someone out after I made a pretty big stink on the fact that I had an in home warranty.  The guy came out and saw the same problem.  He talked to dell and told them it was something they would have to look at because it could be arcing somewhere making the noises it did.  Dell then put me on the phone and asked if i wanted to keep the computer the way it is or send it in,  Yeah let me keep the broken computer.  So it was sent in and I get it back and it doesn't even turn on now.  I called them and said I would like a new computer or my money back.  They told me it is past the 21 days.  So now I will go through my visa company to hopefully get a refund.  I cannot urge people enough to not buy computers from this company.  I was told by many and didn't listen and I only have myself to blame.  Don't make the same mistake.

Oregon City,  Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2010 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Alienware/internet/Dell-Alienware-Great-looking-expensive-Computer-that-has-not-worked-since-day-1-Intern-649536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell / Alienware