Complaint Review: Dell And Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Monroeville New Jersey
Dell And Dell Financial Services
PO Box 81577 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell And Dell Financial Services Return Policy-21 Days after Invoice Date even around the Holidays, is unacceptable for Customer Service. Cancelled account as a Preferred Account Holder and they didn't even care Austin Texas

On Nov. 20th, 2008 I ordered two canon cameras from Dell Financial through my Dell Preferred Account (belongs to my spouse). I contacted them on 12/17th, 2008 to see about returning 1 of the 2 cameras and was told policy was after 21 days from the Invoice date couldn't be returned, but if I ordered it after 11/28th, 2008 they would honor it until January 2009. I purchased one of the cameras for myself and the other as a Christmas gift for my son, which obviously he doesn't know about. I found out from my mother she already purchased one for him so I contacted Dell and they will not take the return. I went as far as going to management and was told the same thing and that there was nothing they can do because their system doesn't allow them to take returns after the 21 days. I advised them that it was poor customer service on their part especially around the Holidays since people shop early to get done and to have the stuff on time for Christmas. I advised that I would be closing my Dell Preferred Account with them and they didn't even care to lose a customer. Needless to say that I will never purchase a Dell product in my life and will be sending out the message so that everyone boycott's Dell and any services they provide. I believe around the holidays their policy should be after January since most people don't open gifts until after Dec. 25th.

Mara meehan
Monroeville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-And-Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-78708-1577/Dell-And-Dell-Financial-Services-Return-Policy-21-Days-after-Invoice-Date-even-around-the-402426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell And Dell Financial Services