Please do not under any circumstances deal with Dell for your computer needs. They are nothing more than scam artists. Please see other reports on this site, the dell forum for DPA accounts, and consumer complaints.com, Jeff Jarvis and many others to read first hand accounts of how dell has scammed and exploited trusting customers.
Dell has fallen prey to greed and power and now serve only themselves with no concern or care for the customer, especially the individual or small business owner. They have moved on to greener grasses, the large corporate and government accounts. Dell has become a cut-throat operation and that is fully insulated from the customers they serve.
Dell attempts to strong arm the customer into opening a Dell Preferred Account (DPA) through their agressive and often dishonest telephone sales reps. Dell also uses advertisements to draw customers to online purchases that are somehow non-existent or no longer available when the customer goes online to make the purchase. Dell leads the customer to believe that the DPA is their only, or at the very least, their best option for purchasing their dell computer. Dell discourages payment with a credit card because credit card companies will intervene on the customers behalf if dell does not follow through on the agreed upon terms and I guarantee you they will not because they leave the customer with nothing in writing to verify the terms of purchase. The sales rep may promise to send verification in the mail, but it gets mysteriosly lost. If you purchase online, somehow you can't print out the order.
For your information, no matter how much dell will continue to deny it, Dell Inc., DFS/DPS and CIT Bank are one. Dell Inc. owns 70% of DFS which manages the DPA accounts and CIT Bank owns the other 30% and they are the financers of the purchase. Dell Inc. tries to lead the customer to believe that they are not connected to DFS and then they blame all of the problems on DFS in an attempt to save their corporate image. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Dell Inc., keeps meticulous records on every transaction that is made down to the most minute detail. They record phone sales and of course maintain their online accounts with all pertinent sales info as well as all personal info on the customer. Dell records all calls between customers and reps from the various department and/or keep a log of the calls you make to dell. Dell attempts to manipulate any converstion you have with them and then twists the facts to their advantage.
The fact is that once your are mired in the dell machine it is impossible to extricate yourself and you will only find yourself frustrated from spending hours on the phone in circular conversations that lead nowhere and resolve nothing and writing letters that are not reponded to, even when sent certified mail. The truth is the individual customer cannot penetrate the many insular layers that protect anyone who could be in a position to help and this is purposeful, part of the dell structure. Dell can't be bothered with the individual or small business owner's concerns or issues. They have bigger fish to fry.
WARNING: PUCHASING A COMPUTER FROM DELL IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND FINANCIAL WELL-BEING!!!!
BOTTOM LINE: DELL DOES NOT CARE. THEY ARE A COLD HEARTED, SELF-SERVING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS NO OTHER INTEREST OTHER THAN TO MAKE A BUCK ANY WAY THEY CAN AND THIS OFTEN INVOLVES DISHONEST SCAMS AND SCHEMES TO SUCKER THE CONSUMER INTO BUYING THEIR OFTEN INFERIOR PRODUCT.
I URGE ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING A DELL TO FIRST LOOK UP THE CLASS ACTION LAW SUITS AGAINST DELL BY LERACH, COUGHLIN, STOIA, GELLAR AND SEEGER & WEIS. LERACH ET AL HAS AN ESPECIALLY THOROUGH EXPLANATION OF HOW DELL OPERATES AND HOW IT IS STRUCTURED
TAKE HEED MY FRIENDS and good luck if you ar already involved in a nightmare with dell.
Please contact me if you want to share your story. Respond to this complaint and give me a way to contact you and I will get back to you as soon as I see your response. Usually within a couple of days.
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DELL