Complaint Review: Dell Computer Corporation

• Updated: Fri, September 25, 2009

• Reported By: JACKBOOT — SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Texas USA
Dell Computer Corporation
1 Dell Way ROUND ROCK TEXAS, Texas United States of America

Dell Computer Corporation Bought this Dell Inspiron 530 and a external hard drive called " THE BOOK " IN DEC 08. MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH BOTH. Support is a joke. WILL POST THESE PROBLEMS ON MY EBAY AUCTIONS TO WARN FUTURE CUSTOMER DELL SUPPORT IS A JOKE & THERE IS NO CORPORATE PHONE NUMBERS ROUND ROCK TEXAS

If you have a Dell and are having problems with it, even if its in warranty you can forget about Dell support in the India, Pakistan or where ever these people are parked. I had a problem with Dell"s " My BOOK " a external hard drive that would not accept a text file with only 1.6KB. the error message stated that the drive was full when I had only used less then 5% of the space. Dell support first wanted to charge me more money to fix this issue. This wasn't a downloaded file or game--This was a problem with " THE BOOK ". I was finally told I would have to transfer all the files from my book to my computer then format the idiot thing then transfer the files back into the BOOK. I bought both in December 2008 and they are not even 10 months old. The CD Player/Recorder had to be replaced 2 months ago. Last week the computer would not start and I had to get a patch to make the GD thing work right. I forsee major problems down the road when both this computer and the external hard drive are out of warranty--will I buy an extended warranty in December--DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. After I take this POS to the curb I never want to work on another Dell much less own one. I fell for a special offer That Dell had. NEVER AGAIN. I am so mingled with disgust at this company I'm thinking of telling all of my customers and people who just look at my auctions on Ebay about this HORRIBLE COMPANY. I will post my experience with Dell on all my auctions and leave that posting up until either Dell is no longer a company or I die!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2009 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computer-Corporation/ROUND-ROCK-TEXAS-Texas-/Dell-Computer-Corporation-Bought-this-Dell-Inspiron-530-and-a-external-hard-drive-called--500572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computer Corporation