Complaint Review: Dell Computer Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 10, 2008

• Reported By:Port Charlotte Florida
Dell Computer Corporation
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Inc. Dell Computer Corporation Dell Refurbished Harddrive Round Rock Texas

I purchased a brand new Dell 1700 Vostro Laptop which was delivered the first week of April 2008. I had issues right out of the box. After a few calls to Dell and also going through reformating the harddrive Dell decided to send me a "New" Harddrive.

When I received a "Refurbished" harddrive I contacted Dell and was told that since I did not ask for the harddrive to be replaced in the first 21 days from purchase they are only obligated to send me a "Refurbished" harddrive. My warrantee expires on 3/30/2009.

My Dell 1700 Vostro is still not running. I have wasted a large amount of money and time purchasing a Dell Computer. I have gone back to using the 4 year old Compaq and 7 year old Gateway for my business. Never had any problems with them; just upgrades on the Gateway. I will never purchase a Dell Computer again!

Port Charlotte, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computer-Corporation/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Inc-Dell-Computer-Corporation-Dell-Refurbished-Harddrive-Round-Rock-Texas-349624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computer Corporation