Complaint Review: Dell Computer / Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Fri, November 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: Ky — Hercules California U.S.A.
Dell Computer / Dell Financial Services
12234 N IH-35B Austin, Texas United States of America

Dell Computer / Dell Financial Services won't answer calls and won't stop taking money Austin, Texas

*Author of original report: UPDATE

Bought a Dell to work for a company that later fired me, I'm now not working, when I'm late it's a $29 additional charge and now my bill has doubled in the four months I couldn't pay. They then got me to agree to a payment plan, but it had to be auto-deducted, and now that I'm out of money, I can't reach them to stop the 6-month program, and I get charged with an overdraft fee because DELL won't answer my call and stop their program. Every number I've called gives me another number, and no has ever answered the number I was given, the message says I'm calling outside of business hours no matter when during the day I call, and I can't leave a message. I've spent 25 hours on the phone thus far, and they're about to charge me another 11 dollar and allow the bank to ding me for a overdraft fee. Banks won't do anything because I previously authorized the draft. All I need is a job, and DELL is bleeding me dry. Don't try to explain anything to their representatives, those people do not speak english well, if at all. I will never buy anything from or through DELL again, and I just want to urge others to NOT BUY DELL, they don't want to help, they want to get their financial claws into you, their policies are terrible, and their customer service is non-existent. I'm telling everyone about the problems I've had with their computer and with their awful financial department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computer-Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-60197/Dell-Computer-Dell-Financial-Services-wont-answer-calls-and-wont-stop-taking-money-Au-529768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computer / Dell Financial Services

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Ky - (U.S.A.)

Well, it only took a wait of 37 minutes on hold, but I was able to stop the autopayment, whereupon I was informed the late fee ($29 each month) and the interest rate, which would be raised, would now start to accrue. They were nice enough to confirm this request electronically no less than 3 times in a 5 minute period. Thanx Dell, at least I won't have to pay my bank a non-sufficient funds fee now!