Complaint Review: Dell Computer

• Submitted: Thu, March 29, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 29, 2012

• Reported By: Caveat Empotor Editor — Antelope California United States of America
Dell Computer
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Computer Fraudulent Business Practices Round Rock, Texas

March 25 2012
Dear Michael Dell,

I am once again contacting you regarding service tag 128XHS1. Unfortunately what I thought was a solution to a problem now has become a hobby for me.

I have been refused by your representatives to work with someone in the USA. Shannon Lambert responded to me by e-mail inferring that she would serve as a liaison if need be for an acceptable resolution this too has been denied as she refuses to return my calls and respond to emails.

As you know I have been forced to be serviced by Mr. Narayanan in India. I was offered a brand new system but denied the accruing tech fees I have incurred to make me whole.

I specifically asked for a system that would meet the minimum specifications that I originally paid for but was offered an inferior one.  I thought that Dell would do the right thing which was to upgrade the hard drive to a 2Tb Raid 0 which would have been an upgrade from the 1. [continued below]....
.....5 Tb raid 0 that I purchased ( as you do not have this drive anymore). Instead I was sent a 2Tb single hard drive which is inferior to the one I purchased.

To make the matter worse I paid to have a tech come out again and on the review of the system it was pointed out to me that I did not receive what I thought I was getting.  More disturbing is the fact that it was not a new computer. He took the side panel off to inspect it. What we found and documented with pictures is a testimony of not only how you view your clients, but your inferior quality control and the deception behind it.

1)     Screws were lose on the video card support.
2)     Dust/caked on dirt was on the video card stabilizer
3)     Dust/caked on dirt on the CPU fan
4)     Dust/caked on dirt on the side case fan
5)     Dust all over the video card
6)     Dust all over the mother board panel cover
7)     Dust/caked on dirt between front panel and drive bays

To mention a few!

As a new PC purchase this is sub-par in terms of Quality Audit and cleanliness and it is quite obvious that this is in fact was not a new system.  This being said I will be working very diligently on letting the public see your business practices and quality control.

Sincerely
Ken ****

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2012 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computer/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Computer-Fraudulent-Business-Practices-Round-Rock-Texas-861201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computer