• Report: #720655

• Reported By: Jack — Apopka Florida United States of America
Dell Computer
1 Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Computer Maintenance Agreement Breach Round Rock, Texas

The Dell technician called to make an appointment to fix the power switch on my Studio 1745. I informed him that I am on the Internet until 2-3am, and wanted an afternoon appointment. He tells me that Dell cannot do that unless I answer his call before 10am, only then can he set an afternoon appointment. I set my clock to be up at 9am...he never calls. When I call him back, he said it is my responsibility to be up at this time, otherwise he cannot make an afternoon appointment.

After a few weeks went by, I tried to call there service number, but was left hanging on the phone for over 40 minutes without an answer. This was 1:20am EST. There time...11:20 pm. A time I was able to reach them the first time.

I've always had Dell computers from the very beginning, and this was the first time I ever needed a repair. After going through the stress ordeal, I surf the Internet, and found many people, like myself, having the same problem. Rather than go through anymore aggrivation, I went out and purchased a Toshiba Satellite.

At this point I think the repair on my Dell computer is a lost cause. The warranty expires 12/2011. We're going to replace all of our Dell computers, and write this off as a loss. If something happens where it is repaired, I'll update to let you know. This new time limit is Dell is using, I believe is only an excuse to not make the repair. It was helpful reading all of the responses at Ripoffreport.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computer/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Computer-Maintenance-Agreement-Breach-Round-Rock-Texas-720655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computer