Complaint Review: Dell Computers Canada

• Reported By: Annonymous — Ottawa Ontario Canada
Dell Computers Canada
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Dell Computers Canada Problematic Computer Toronto, Ontario Canada

On the week of June 26th this year I placed an order online through Dell.ca for what looked and sounded like a decent laptop computer, more specifically an Inspiron. The order went through no problem yet by the 28th it had been shipped via Purolator however after opening up my package and booting the unit up the touch pad was non responsive to the point of being defective.

At first I tried installing and updating drivers but with no luck so I made a phone call only to find out customer service was now closed however that Tuesday, on the morning of July third though finally reaching customer service after being transferred twice I was interrupted when asking for a refund. Pressure was put on me to exchange the unit once shipping labels were sent out via e-mail and promising the card would be credited 150 dollars to make up for the inconvenience caused, yet one week later after hearing nothing from Dell I took it upon myself to contact the credit card company to dispute the transaction and paid out of my own pocket to send the entire order back due to being defective.

During that same week I left a scathing comment on a Dell service and satisfaction survey. Their corporate office finally got off their high horse and contacted me by phone, instantly ignoring what I filled them in about pertaining to the lack of shipping labels and so on. I was once again ignored and repeated myself to someone who insisted that by sending back the defective unit I was basically screwing myself over and delaying the refund. Once again a promise was made only this time it was of receiving a nonexistent e-mail with further details and information. My ace is the help coming from the credit card company that has agreed to help me out with this problem.

I often wonder how companies such as Dell can have such poor customer service, screw customers over with lies and so on get rich quickly and wipe their hands of responsibility to those have lost money. If anyone from Dell is reading this know that any company who treats customers in similar fashions does not deserve them even if you have outsourced the majority of your employees to India to save on salaries. If Sony treated me in the exact same fashion or refused to honour their warranty I would never buy a single piece of electronics from them either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers-Canada/Toronto-Ontario-/Dell-Computers-Canada-Problematic-Computer-Toronto-Ontario-Canada-910547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers Canada