Complaint Review: Dell Computers / Dell.com

• Reported By: makeithappen — hoyt Kansas USA
Dell Computers / Dell.com
Internet, Texas United States of America

Dell Computers / Dell.com Company too big for it's britches? Internet, Texas

i ordered some gaming accessories from xbox.com which in turn uses dell.com for the online purchase. no problem. products wouldn't come up on the payment webpage so i called 1-800-www.dell to place an order for 4 items. about 5 minutes after my purchase i discovered walmart had the same items (local) and cheaper.

i called elizabeth @ dell.com extention 4166716 to cancel my order. she told me, "that's not a good enough reason" and hung up on me. after 3 hours of listening to "music" and being passed throughout dell telephone que service i drove to my bank and surrendered my bank card (which would disconnect the card number from my bank account) to stop payment to dell.

i withdrew those funds and went shopping at walmart. after returning home i realized my initial fear had been realized. the teller at my bank had not been alert and was unfocused and was not listening as i explained the intentional purpose of surrendering my bank card...he allowed dell to enter my bank account.

after great financial distress and a phone call to the bank president i checked my bank account this a.m. to find the dell payments had been rejected from my account.

****

first i was taken back by dell separating my order into 4 separate orders. then i decided dell customer service was no different than att and other big business. why can't ya get to the "owner" of the company to dispute orders and service? i spent an entire day (6:30 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.) on the telephone and at my bank.

i did rant and rave and threaten litigation and i was finally able to speak to that person dell delegates to cancel orders however she told me she was only able to cancel the first order. what? what first order? i ordered 4 items in one phone call. i finally realized dell and my bank had given up on me.

somebody was out there watching over me cause i checked my bank account this morning and everything is as it should be. thank you citizens bank.

thank you dell for raising your ugly head and speaking out for your company. you allowed me to go through this entire mess just to impress to me that your company is no longer worthy of my business. but worthy enough to write ripoffreport!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2010 04:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers-Dellcom/Internet-Texas-/Dell-Computers-Dellcom-Company-too-big-for-its-britches-Internet-Texas-571194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers / Dell.com