Complaint Review: Dell Computers / Dell.com

• Updated: Fri, March 12, 2010

• Reported By: Fields — Palacios Texas United States of America
Dell Computers / Dell.com
Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Computers / Dell.com XPS 630i freezes and then makes a whining sound Round Rock, Texas

My Dell XPS 630i constantly freezes and then makes a whining noise.  Dell support can't fix it because hardware says it's software and software says it's hardware.  So far they can't help me so I did some research online and found many, many have the same problem and that Dell doesn't even sell the XPS 630i anymore.  My warranty ran out just 6 weeks ago and now I'm stuck with a $1600 dollar computer that doesn't work.  From what I've been able to read online Dell is well aware of this problem but hasn't come through with any help for the owners and in some cases doesn't even support those that are still under warranty.  Has anyone been able to fix their XPS 630i?  Please share the fix with me.  I will not buy another Dell after this which is sad because this is my third Dell and my whole family owns Dell, just not a XPS 630i.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers-Dellcom/Round-Rock-Texas-/Dell-Computers-Dellcom-XPS-630i-freezes-and-then-makes-a-whining-sound-Round-Rock-Tex-580378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers / Dell.com