Complaint Review: Dell Computers Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Dennis — Tacoma Washington United States of America
Dell Computers Inc.
P.O. Box 80409 Austin, Tennessee United States of America

Dell Computers Inc. Warranty Scam Austin, Tennessee

I purchased an extended warranty for over $600.00 for both me and my daughter's laptops. The warranty was for hardware defects only. One year after I bought this 3 year warranty, my laptop started acting up so I called Dell for answers.

After a month or more of talking to Dell on the phone trying to fix this problem, which included totally wiping out all the files in my hard drive and re-setting my laptop back to the original factory three times, they sent me a box to return the laptop to them for repair. They insisted it was a software problem.

When they finally contacted me after looking at my laptop, they said the mother-board was damaged because it had a crack in the bottom which would cost me another $370.00 to fix. They said that the crack was caused by an accident or consumer abuse.

I told them to return my laptop unrepaired which I just recieved back today. My wife and I took a LED flashlight and a magnifying glass to see this "crack" they were talking about. I found no crack whatsoever! As of right now my consumer dealings with Dell are now totally over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers-Inc/Austin-Tennessee-78708/Dell-Computers-Inc-Warranty-Scam-Austin-Tennessee-949881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers Inc.