Complaint Review: Dell Computers

• Submitted: Fri, August 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 03, 2004

• Reported By:White Lake Michigan
Dell Computers
8801 Research Blvd. Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Computers Pricing information not for customer, just trust Dell you getting a great deal, dude we don't have to let you know the breakdown of prices Austin, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Products... I never stated that

*Consumer Suggestion: Try www.dell4me.com or www. dell.com

*Author of original report: Lucky, I consider myself lucky... when someone quotes me company policy and it is not logical - I question it

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: In Response... You got a great deal.

I needed a computer and thought,Dude your getting a Dell. Called the 800 number talked to Sales Rep. Ekta Shah and explained that I used my computer for E-Mails and it is very important as I am homebound. I explained I needed help with placing my order, so we started at the $499.00 and upgraded till my cost was over $800.00.

My computer arrived with in a week and I had a friend set it up and am very pleased with the my purchase. I applied for my rebates on upgraded warranties and recieved them in a timely manner. On my packing slip and invoice it just list a lump sum, and called customer service and asked for a itemized invoice.

Dell sent a Electronic Certified Copy that list only the lump sum. The two 800 Numbers listed on my paperwork are no longer in service, so I called same number I placed my order.

I reached customer service explained what I wanted and was told that company policy did not allow the breakdown of pricing.I asked to speak to a supervisor was told they would tell me the same thing and I would have to hold for about 25 minutes, I asked to be called back and was told I would be called in two business days. That was 8-11-2004 and I am still waiting.

Kenneth
White Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2004 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers/Austin-Texas-78758/Dell-Computers-Pricing-information-not-for-customer-just-trust-Dell-you-getting-a-great-d-105670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Products... I never stated that

AUTHOR: Lucky - (U.S.A.)

I never stated that you don't get the computer features itemized. On specials you wont get the cost of each item on the invoice because specials are a part of the complete package.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Try www.dell4me.com or www. dell.com

AUTHOR: C. C. - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a package deal about a year ago and unless they've changed things since then I was able to get a breakdown of my products.

You maybe able to access it online by going to www.dell4me.com and clicking on the my account link. You will need your customer number and order numbr to view your invoice.

AUTHOR: Kenneth - (U.S.A.)

My problem is small compared to a number of people woes. I thought because I did not order a package system I would get a item by item breakdown. I did not want anyone to think Dell gave me a bad computer or ripped me off on rebates.

My life will not change if DELL gives that information or not, I just like things in black and white. Call me old fashioned but when someone quotes me company policy and it is not logical to me, or someone tells me someone will call me back and does not I question it.

Life is good!! Thanks for your imput.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

In Response... You got a great deal.

AUTHOR: Lucky - (U.S.A.)

I used to work at Dell and your computer for 800.00 was a good buy. As for the break down..there is no break down, you got a package deal. It is a special that you got and a very good one. There is no item breakdown by cost on specials, you get the package at a great cost.

If you are satisfied with the system and everything works good....what is the problem? You received the computer features on the invoice with your system when it arrived. You didn't get cheated and for 800.00 why are you complaining?

Keep in mind that a base system for 399.00 is just that a base system. You have to build on that to get the system that you want and one that will enable you to do what you want it to do. You are not going to get all the bells and whistles for 399.00. Just enjoy your computer! You got a great deal.