Complaint Review: Dell Computers

• Updated: Wed, September 03, 2008

• Reported By:Seguin,Texas Texas
Dell Computers
www.dell.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Dell Computers Bought system with wireless mouse, kybrd., will not stay working. After many times contacting help desk, to no avail, they refused service tech. visit to my home, which was part of warrenty. please help me!!! Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Give Dell a Second Chance

I bought a Dell Inspiron*530, with wirelell keyboard and mouse. From the first time I set the system up, the wireless fuction would stop communicating after two maybe three functions.

I called help desk, we would get it working. Three or four functions later, mouse and keyboard would freeze up again. This was an ongoing thing.

Finally, dell sent me another wireless keyboard and mouse. The samething kept happening. Also now when I called, the helpdesk would tell me there toolbar was down. so it could not be documented. REALLY!!!

I requested a service tech. to come to my house. the helpdesk denied me. My Warrienty expires in Sept. so I guess I am scwreed!!!...

Somebody Please Help Me!!!!!!

Gary
Seguin,Texas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers/nationwide/Dell-Computers-Bought-system-with-wireless-mouse-kybrd-will-not-stay-working-After-man-368589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers

Give Dell a Second Chance

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Over the past 8 years I have purchased 3 Desktops and 2 Laptops. For the mostpart any issues I have had were minor and were resolved in a timely manner.

Dell use to be ranked #1 for their customer service, however to remain competive like the other computer manufactures have outsourced their call centers overseas resulting in their once coveted # 1 rank down to like 5 0r 6.

In Dells begining. My first desktop that had a sound issue. After 5-10 minute on the phone it was determined my mother board went bad, however it was not the case. Before I recieved the new motherboard I reloaded some software and the sound came back on. The Tech was very helpfull and curtious and gave better service than I expected.

Fast forward a few years, Again purchased another desktop: No major problems, however I needed to call tech support for a minor issue, I dont recall what it was.
The tech on the line was from south central asia, India Pakistan or India. I had a very hard time understanding the person on the phone and was really getting frustrated and very mad that Dell outsourced the tech support. Nonetheless after calming my self down I asked the guy on the phone if I could speak to an English Speaking or American and right away I was connected to an American.

Steve