Complaint Review: Dell Computers

• Updated: Sun, March 04, 2007

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Dell Computers
Nationwide U.S.A.

Dell Computers ripoff Defective Inspiron 5160 Motherboard HD Battery AC Adapter I have 2 identical units with identical sets of problems Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I have to post back

*Consumer Comment: Sorry Darlene, but your problem is obvious...

*Consumer Comment: I too

*Author of original report: *** NO RECALL ON INSPIRON 5000 SERIES ACCORDING TO DELL MANAGEMENT***

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel your pain Darlene!

*UPDATE Employee: inspiron 5000 series are under recal

I purchased 2 Inspiron 5160 computer systems from Dell. They have been having power issues since day one. They replaced one of the power supplies with another which was defective. I complained and they said they will not give me another. Then, I started to have problems with the batteries holding a charge. Now the systems won't boot at all. I called numerous times only to be given the runaround by various departments that dont seem to be in communication with each other. I even spoke with a rep that told me she'd replace my power supplies and batteries and that she'd send me an RMA. I never received it. I called to inquire about it and was told that the previous rep should have never told me that. Round and around I go. I used to believe that Dell sold quality products, but they dont and they don't take any responsibility for their poor quality product. The reps tell you anything to get you off of the phone. They pretend to care, but, they are not in position to satisify customer issues/complaints. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Darlene
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2006 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers/nationwide/Dell-Computers-ripoff-Defective-Inspiron-5160-Motherboard-HD-Battery-AC-Adapter-I-have-2-i-223326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers

I have to post back

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

This is Charles again and heres where I am with my Dell issue.

Danielle, the one who put me on her daily call back list NEVER once called me. I did finally receive my replacement after speaking to Tony and Jose in the Phillippines, and screaming profanities at Austin in India.

I KNOW these people are not giving their real names. How many Tony's and Jose's do you know in the Phillippines???? Austin in India?? Go figure........

My replacement arrived last week and so far works fine. I never did get my $100 gift certificate but right now I am just happy to have my $2,000 computer. I'll deal with the gift certificate on Monday. They sent me a shipping label to send old computer back. I am going to get a return receipt on this one. I'm going to have somebodies signature at dell saying they received the old one. (Not going to play those "We didnt receive the computer so we are billing you for another one" games).

Sorry Darlene, but your problem is obvious...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

YOU BOUGHT A DELL!

Dell sucks, the equipment sucks, the support sucks, the financing sucks and management sucks....

needless to say, Dell sucks...

I too

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I too am having problems with Dell. As a first time customer, my first experience with them has been horrible and frustrating. Making a long story short, I purchased an inspiron notebook E-1705 I loaded it up with most all the options $2,000 computer.

It was delivered within one week just before Christmas 2006. It took a little over a month but I started getting multiple memory errors, programs shutting down, I cant even play solitare without the program shutting down. Spent the day on the phone with techs. Diagnostic showed a code of 2000-0123 which is a memory integrity error.

Techs said the problem is either the motherboard or memory modules. OK, send me new computer. Tech said, you have to go through customer care for replacement, transferred to cust care. Cust care rep (Maria) said tech dept has to authorize replacement. Talked to supervisor in cust care (Ruby) after waiting 15 min on hold. Told Ruby I have a $2,000 boat anchor which is only a month old and the techs said cant be repaired and to send me new computer.

She FINALLY agreed! What the hell? Why do I even have to argue in the first place?

Anyways, 3 days later I check on the status of order, Ruby NEVER placed the order. I am now talking to Jack, another cust serv rep. Jack promises to send computer and gives me reference #. 4 days later I call back to check on status.

I talk to Danielle. Danielle says no order has been placed by Jack for my replacement. Danielle has promised to personally make sure my computer is sent out, puts me on her daily call back list to keep me informed of the status and offers me a $100 gift certificate for all my troubles.

I'm not going to bash Danielle yet unless my computer does not get ordered. In the mean time Dell is sending me customer satisfaction surveys. Any Dell reps out there that can give me some insight?

Charles

*** NO RECALL ON INSPIRON 5000 SERIES ACCORDING TO DELL MANAGEMENT***

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

I wrote the original "Rip-off" report regarding 2 faulty Dell inspirion 5000 series computers.

I telephoned Dell to inquire as to the validity of the claim of one of it's "employees" that there is a recall on the inspiron that I purchased.

I was told by various levels of management that that information is "false" there is no recall.

They apologized for the misinformation and claimed not to know of the "employee" or how to reach him.

Dell continually refused to repair my laptops as they had indicated that they would.

I ended up sending them in for repair at a cost of $1000. The original price that they indicated per laptop was $199 per laptop, but of course they needed new motherboards which were not included in the cost of the quote.

Dell's business practices and quality of materials and workmanship are questionable at best.

BYER BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY..THEY ARE DISHONEST...IT'S NOT WORTH IT....SHOP AROUND...GO FOR QUALITY INSTEAD OF PRICE...I LEARNED THE HARD WAY...

#5 Consumer Suggestion

I feel your pain Darlene!

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

A friend of mine ordered a Dell machine and they sent her the wrong one. She called their customer support (In India as it turns out), and they put her on hold, hang up, etc. She is really pissed. I work with Dell on a commerical level and you know what? At Pepsico/Frito-Lay and Belo Broadcasting, all of Dell's GX-270 desktop computers have leaking capacitors in the motherboard and these machines give you thermal errors. We're forever having them come out and replace these defective motherboards made in China. Dell used to be good, but now they suck! Their customer support people in India suck even worse. If you're ever on the phone with them, call them a "bahn-choate". That always works for me.

inspiron 5000 series are under recal

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

the dell inspiron 5000 series are under recal

board/message?board.id=cc_faq&message.id=329

if you call our department regarding a dell inspiron 5000 series, most of the time, we will take the nececary steps on fixing your system at no extra charge to the consumer.