Complaint Review: Dell Computers

Dell Computers
dell.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Dell Computers ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Trouble with debit cards

In December of 2004 i ordered a dell laptop for my son for xmas.

On Decenber 23, I received an email saying that I would not get my laptop till January 3rd. That very night I called the co. using the phone number in the message, to cancel my order.

The company gave me a hard time about canceling my order, so I had my husband call, and they released the funds being held on my debit card.

The next day dec. 24th my husband went out and purchased another laptop using the recently released funds on the debit card.

On Dec. 30th UPS showed up with the laptop that we had canceled the order on. My husband refused delivery.

Well what do you think dell did? they charged the laptop to my debit card of course. Which in turn made all the checks bounce that I had written against the funds in my debit account, and now I have bounced check charges to deal with.

What gives dell the right to do this? When my husband called them they offered no reason except to say that the funds would be credited to my account when they received the coumputer back.

I call this unfair trade practices, and something should be done.

Any advice on what I can do?

East Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2005 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Computers/nationwide/Dell-Computers-ripoff-Internet-126280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Computers

Trouble with debit cards

AUTHOR: Niel - (U.S.A.)

Use your credit card NOT debit card...it does not have the protection a credit card has.

Why anyone would give there debit card to someone to take funds out whenever they want....possesion is 9/10ths of the law, they have your money instantly...at least with a credit card you have 30 days to dispute...