- Report: #157343
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dell, DFS/DPA, Cit Bank
Dell, DFS/DPA, Cit Bankdell.com Austin, Texas U.S.A.
Dell BEWARE! Potential Dell Customers Scam, Bait & Switch, Double Billed, Lied, Misrepresented Ripoff Austin Texas
*Author of original report: Response from Original Reporter
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DELL OWES FORMER EMPLOYEE $240,000
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
In brief, I was double billed for a computer. I paid cash by check (have cancelled check) and was fraudulantly charged on a DPA account that I opened only to get a discount on the computer. I have NEVER authorized any activity on this account under any circumstances. I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone and writing letters to every entity connected with dell, including all of their collection agencies (they have sent me to three). I have sent countless letters certified mail and have gotten back only two postal cards one with no signature and the other with an undecipherable signature.
PLEASE NOTE: Dell Inc. owns 70% of DFS and Cit Bank owns the other 30%. Dell keeps meticulous sales records on every transaction they make be it online or by phone. So when a dell rep tries to tell you they are separate from one or the other, don't believe it. They may have done some fancy work to make it appear that way, but in the end, they are all one and this includes the collection agencies they send you to as well. I was informed of this by one of the reps of one of the collection agencies that called me. The fact that they have set up their own collection agencies just to handle their accounts is very telling. I doubt that any legitimate collection agency would take these scam accounts. They would be afraid of being sued. Dell Inc. just wants to try to save their coporate image that is fast going down the tubes because of their fraudulant scams, bait & switch schemes and their outright cruelty to people.
This downward spiral that dell seems to be on all began a few years ago when Michael Dell apparently stepped down and his partner took over. I wonder why Michael Dell stepped down? I wonder if he has any part in what is going on in the company now? Whatever, we will surely never get even an ounce of truth from anyone at dell and this brings me to another point. There are currently two class action law suits going against dell - one in CA through Lerach, Coughlin, Stoia, Gellar and the other a federal case through Seeger Weiss, LLP. I URGE YOU TO LOOK THESE CASES UP IN ORDER TO GET INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW DELL REALLY OPERATES. These law firms would not have taken on these cases unless they believed they would win. What they have to say is true. I also urge you to try to get your stories out to the media (The bigger the better). This will help everyone's cause. Because Dell spends enormous amounts of money on advertising and there are still way to many people who see these advertisements and who will get tricked into one of dells scams because they do not know what dell has become.
Have you read some of dells rebuttals on this site? On one the dell rep actually called the customer an idiot and a liar. What kind of company would have reps like that? The word SLEEZE comes to mind when I think of that.
There are a number of good computer companies out there that make good products. Also search your local communities for small companies that build computers to your specifications for some very good prices.
Good luck to anyone who is trying to resolve an issue with dell and at all costs, do no further business with them. And for those of you who have not yet gone dell, TAKE HEED AND DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALINGS WITH DELL.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on DELL
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2005 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-DFSDPA-Cit-Bank/Austin-Texas/Dell-BEWARE-Potential-Dell-Customers-Scam-Bait-Switch-Double-Billed-Lied-Misreprese-157343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.