Complaint Review: Dell DataSafe Online Backup

• Updated: Sun, December 06, 2009

• Reported By: Bryan — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America
Dell DataSafe Online Backup
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell DataSafe Online Backup Dell Inc., Dell DataSafe cannot retrieve my precious photos and music. Round Rock, Texas

One year ago, I signed up for Dell DataSafe Online Backup service that was bundled with my new Dell laptop.

The service did weekly backups of my data for a year. It works great as reported in its logs.

Last week, I did a clean installed of Windows 7 knowing that I could easily restore my files from Dell DataSafe because the software reported that my data was backed up all safe and sound in the log report. Wrong!

I also tried to restore my files thought their website portal using both options (retrieves my files while I wait or retrieve my files in the background and email me when they are ready.) I am still waiting for that email.

The customer support tech said that he has never seen my problem and would have to escalate the situation to a supervisor who would call me back in 2 to 3 days.

It's been a week and I am still waiting for that call.

I just uninstalled the Dell DataSafe Online Backup software that was preinstalled on my laptop.

I logged into their website portal and canceled my account. Then I tried to log back in. It denied me. I hope they don't charge my credit card in January because the login denial was my only confirmation that something was canceled.

Fortunately, I didn't use Dell DataSafe to backup my Quicken data.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2009 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-DataSafe-Online-Backup/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-DataSafe-Online-Backup-Dell-Inc-Dell-DataSafe-cannot-retrieve-my-precious-photos-an-534603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell DataSafe Online Backup