Complaint Review: Dell - Dell Financial Services

Dell - Dell Financial Services
PO Box 81577 Austin, Texas United States of America

Dell - Dell Financial Services Deceptive Lease Practices Austin, Texas

*Author of original report: Update

I leased several computers from Dell for my business 3 years ago thinking that I would purchase them at fair market value at the end of the lease. Dell's fair market value was only fair to Dell as it was much higher than the pc's were worth. I decided to return them.

When I leased the pc's, I ordered 7 workstations but only 5 monitors since I already had 2 good ones. When I received the return list, it listed 7 monitors for return. So, not only have I been paying to lease 7 monitors for the past 3 years when I only had 5, I now have to purchase the 2 that I never received.

I've made a couple of calls to India to discuss the situation but have been told that "the system" states that I have leased 7 monitors and there is nothing that can be done. It doesn't matter that I have made all of my payments on time (close to $10,000) and purchased several peripherals from Dell over the years. Dell won't take my word that I never received the 2 17" monitors that I have leased and will now purchase at an inflated price.

Instead they have chosen to lose me as a customer because of an error that someone made when processing my order 3 years ago. If anyone is considering leasing from Dell, DO NOT DO IT!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-78708/Dell-Dell-Financial-Services-Deceptive-Lease-Practices-Austin-Texas-571031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell - Dell Financial Services

Update

AUTHOR: Jon - (United States of America)

After 4 phone calls and 2 emails, someone responded to my inquiries and looked into the matter. They did see where the 2 monitors had been returned and was taking steps to make things right. Just the fact that someone actually listened and cared enough to follow up on the matter shows me that Dell does have an interest in customer service. I'm not sure if I would lease again, but that's just me. I will continue to buy Dell products as I have had no problems with them.