Complaint Review: Dell - Dell Financial Services

One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Dell - Dell Financial Services Dell, Inc. Set up a business account I didn't request, sent me equipment I didn't order and continued to bill me including late charges and fees Round Rock, Texas

I purchase a computer and accessories through Dell.  I paid in full at the time  of purchase with a credit.  Additionally, Dell set up a business account I didnt request. I didnt order any equipment through or for this account. Dell sent duplicate equipment through the business account.  The items listed on the numerous billing statements sent to me by Dell were delivered to me without me having ordered them. I made arrangements to return the items. I did return the items. I have acknowledgment the items were received by Dell. I have been assured numerous times that the account shows the items were returned and that the account would be credited appropriately. Yet I am still being billed for these items with late charges and fees being added monthly.

Through this entire process I have spoken with at least twenty different people. Some of them were courteous and seemed to try to be helpful, some were downright rude, some didnt even make any attempt to listen and most of them merely gave me lip service at best. What those individuals had in common is that most of them didnt know what they were doing, they were very poor on follow up, many of them were obviously seriously I. Q. challenged and none of them through the entire process accomplished satisfactory results. This statement applies to those involved in placing the order of my computer, those involved in assisting me in the return of the items I didnt order to start with and those involved in assisting me in crediting the items I returned and correcting the account balance to zero. Numerous times through this process I made the request to speak with a supervisor or someone of authority who could help get this matter corrected. Every person I spoke with refused to refer me to or connect me to a supervisor or person of authority. I asked a number of times for the name of and how to reach the company president. No one would give me that information. I stated several times I wanted to make a complaint. No one I spoke with would help me with that or tell me how to go about it until finally the last person I spoke with after several months, yesterday in fact, gave me the above address.

Then, to add insult to injury, I received a notice form a debt collection company, Valentine &Kebartas, Inc. telling me my account is long overdue and to submit payment to them. This account that is long overdue is, of course, the account I didnt request to begin with, it is an account I didnt use, it involves items I didnt order but were sent to me by mistake and is for items I subsequently returned and have acknowlegment form Dell that the items were in fact received by Dell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Dell-Financial-Services/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/Dell-Dell-Financial-Services-Dell-Inc-Set-up-a-business-account-I-didnt-request-sen-557772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell - Dell Financial Services