Complaint Review: Dell (Dell Inc., Dell Computers)

• Submitted: Sun, February 07, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 10, 2010

• Reported By: Kevin — Triangle Virginia United States of America
Dell (Dell Inc., Dell Computers)

Dell ,Dell Inc., Dell Computers, Will Not Honor Warranty Sold to 19 Year Old Daughter Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What?

My daughter was sold a 1 year extended warranty for her dell computer by dell for $100.  When she needed repair service she was bounced around by dell customer service until I (her father) stepped in and started to fight with dell customer service support, technical support, and warranty support with the final e-mail from dell being the following:  "Dear Kevin; I am very sorry that we are unable to find any resolution for this issue . I see this order was placed on 11-05-2009. If you had called within first 30 days informing the same, I would have definitely helped you to get a refund so that you could have bought the warranty that is required. Now I find that we are unable to help you with this. We are very sorry for not being able to resolve your issue. Regards; Kalidas "  Not only did my daughter call and e-mail within the first 30 days but I called and e-mailed within the first 30 days and this issue was delayed by dell to well after 30 days .  Phone calls were in vain with someone trying to fault another department and then that department blaming some other department and so on and so on.  I don't know why there is a magic 30 days anyway since we were never informed within the 30 days nor did we believe there was a reason we should have asked for a refund since no one ever said we had the wrong warranty.  All we want is the computer repaired or a refund of the apparent fraudulent warranty sold to my daughter and then the computer repaired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2010 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Dell-Inc-Dell-Computers/internet/Dell-Dell-Inc-Dell-Computers-Will-Not-Honor-Warranty-Sold-to-19-Year-Old-Daughter-Inte-565900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell (Dell Inc., Dell Computers)

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What?

AUTHOR: exdell666 - (USA)

It's a good story, but what exactly happened to the computer?