Complaint Review: Dell Financial Corp.

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Greenwich Connecticut
Dell Financial Corp.
P.O. BOx 6403 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Dell Financial Corp. DELL FINANCIAL CORP. SENT ME A USED COMPUTER BUT NEVER ADJUSTED MY ACCOUNT Carol Stream Illinois

financed a Dell laptop. The laptop was defective. I had trouble with it from the minute I got it. I contacted Dell many, many times via email, phone, letter etc. I was finally told that perhaps there was a virus in it. I then purchased a Norton Antivirus Software from Dell hoping to correct the problem.

Finally, after a year of unsatisfactory use of the laptop Dell provided me with the packaging to return the computer to them. They replaced the computer with a less expensive, refurbished computer. They did not adjust my account though. I feel that since I financed a $900 "new" computer and since Dell chose to send me a "refurbished" computer that cost less than the one I financed ($600) that my account with Dell Financial should be adjusted to the price of the computer I have in my possession. Since I no longer have the $900 computer, why should I be charged for it?

It's that simple.

For some reason no one at Dell seems to understand that a customer should not be charged for something they no longer have in their possession.

Donna
Greenwich, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Corp/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/Dell-Financial-Corp-DELL-FINANCIAL-CORP-SENT-ME-A-USED-COMPUTER-BUT-NEVER-ADJUSTED-MY-AC-360234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Corp.