Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services - DELL Computers

• Submitted: Tue, January 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 09, 2007

• Reported By:Clermont Florida
Dell Financial Services - DELL Computers
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services - DELL Computers Payoff Fraud Bogus Interest and Late Fees Fraudulent Billing PracticesRipoff! Round Rock Texas

In June 2006 I sent a payoff check to Dell Financial Services in the amount shown on my June 2006 statement. I mailed it a bit late and figured that I might see one more bill for a late fee. July came and no bill was received so I figured they must have applied the payoff and just disregarded the late fee.

Three months went by and then all of a sudden I receive a bill in the mail stating that I owe over a hundred dollars. I called and the CSR could not tell me what it was for but suggested that perhaps it was for late fees since the last activity was in June. I explained that the last activity was a payoff and that I should have a zero balance. He was unable to convince me that I still owed money even though I offered to pay just one late fee for June as I stated I had mailed it out a bit late. He stated that I owed over one hundred dollars and that is what was due. I continued to refuse him the entire amount he was asking for and he continued to argue with me and tell me the same thing over and over until I finally told him to check my June balance and June payment ~ they match which means that I do not owe them anything.

About a month or so went by and again no correspondence from them so I of course figured they must have checked the records and verified that I did a payoff in June. Oh No!! Not the case! After nothing from them for a month and a half, they began calling my phone anywhere from 5 to 10 or 12 times a day. Once they called me four times within 16 minutes! And yes, they called me on Christmas Eve! I turned the phone off Christmas Day because I didn't want the aggravation.

It is useless to talk to the CSR's because they must be trained to just repeat the same thing over and over ~ and they have no authority to make any kind of decision. I have been asked by the collections department to please call the 800 number and speak with a customer service rep but when you call the 800 number ~ try to get a live person on the phone. It's impossible!

Never Never Never Never Never finance with Dell Financial Services ~ you will Never be able to pay it off. And yes, I am continuing to fight with them into 2007 and they continue to call me a minimum of 4 times a day.

Clermont, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2007 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services-DELL-Computers/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Financial-Services-DELL-Computers-Payoff-Fraud-Bogus-Interest-and-Late-Fees-Fraudul-229539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services - DELL Computers