• Report: #820480

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 19, 2012

• Reported By: Turyga — Southington Connecticut United States of America
Austin, Texas United States of America

Dell Financial Services Dell Finances computer through wrong credit report Austin, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Please call me.

*UPDATE Employee: Please Call me.

*UPDATE Employee: Please Call Me.

*Consumer Comment: Something's not right

Dell Financial Services simply ripped us off.  I bought a computer through dell about a year ago and was paying my bill regularly.  Then December came and with the holidays i missed one months payment.  In the mean time of missing this payment my dad went to apply for a loan.

Come to find out that the financing for the computer was put on his credit report and not mine, even though they had my ssn and info they still reported to my dads report.

This company then refused to take its name off his credit report, even though the debt is not his.  I have fought with them tooth and nail and have no other recourse but a law suit.  If your going to buy a dell computer and finance it be sure to go to an actual store not over the phone because if you have some one living at your address with you they might be charged as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-/Dell-Financial-Services-Dell-Finances-computer-through-wrong-credit-report-Austin-Texas-820480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

Please call me.

Hello Turyga,

I wanted to try one last time to speak with you regarding your post.  Please call me at your earliest convenience.  If I have not received your call by the close of business tomorrow I will assume your concerns have been resolved.

office + 1 800 624 9897 x 4250127
fax + 1 512 283 8876 (must be to my attention)

Please Call me.

Hello Turyga,

I wanted to reach out to you again regarding your situation.  lease call me at your earliest convenience.

Office + 1 800 624 9897 x 4250127
Fax + 1 512 283 8876 (must be to my attention)

Please Call Me.

Hello Turyga,

I saw your post and am concerned with your situation. Please call me at your earliest convenience.

Office + 1 800 283 2210 x 4250127
Fax + 1 512 283 8876 (must be to my attention)

Something's not right

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay I doubt that Dell just randomly put the account on your Dad's credit report.  Somehow they got his information.

When you applied for this credit was it a joint account?   Many people have a misconception that the party that matters is the one who is paying the bill.  Often you will see a person who co-signs for a loan and then are somehow shocked that the other party didn't pay a bill and they are now responsible.  Because you see it does not matter who the computer was for, or who is paying the bill.  What matters is who is responsible for the account.  In the terms of a joint/co-signed account that is BOTH parties.  So if the payment fails to get made any negative is reported on both account holders.

While I bet there is more to this than you are saying.  If you really are saying that it was your account only and they just randomly put your dad on the account then your dad(not you) needs to dispute this with the Credit Reporting Agencies.  If that dispute fails then he may need to take additional action against them for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.