• Report: #420538

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2009

• Reported By:Edmond Oklahoma
Dell Financial Services
PO Box 81577 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services Dell charged me & turned me over to collection without notification! Austin Texas

On May 24, 2008 I ordered $267.95 worth of parts from Dell. I gave them a credit card number to pay for the parts. In January 2009 (8 months later!) I received a collection notice from an outside collection agency for non-payment of my Dell account in the amount of $529.76. I had NEVER received a statement, billing notice, notice of collection or ANY type of correspondence from Dell Financial Services indicating that my CLOSED/PAID OFF Dell account had been charged!

I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with Dell Financial Services trying to resolve this issue. I have been lied to by 6 different DFS employees. They said after the first call that the matter was "under investigation" and I would get a call back within 24-48 hours.

After 8 full days, no call ever came. I have written a formal letter of complaint/dispute to Dell and have copied the Texas Attorney General on this letter. The point of this complaint is that NEVER, with any type of correspondence, was I notified by DFS that my account had been reopened and parts had been charged to it. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER NOTIFIED!

My otherwise above average credit report has now suffered a rather large blemish because of DFS.

I do not understand how businesses that practice this type of unethical, unprofessional, completely incompetent, inaccurate type of business/billing practices are allowed to remain open. Isn't there a law somewhere against this type of business practice?

Sandra
Edmond, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-78708/Dell-Financial-Services-Dell-charged-me-turned-me-over-to-collection-without-notificatio-420538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services