Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Thu, October 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By:Jefferson New Hampshire
Dell Financial Services
P.O.Box 81585 Austin TX Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services ruined my credit score , resulting in financial harm Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Change of address

*Consumer Comment: I agree ...

*Consumer Comment: Never received a bill..

I PURCHASED A SERVICE CONTRACT FOR $239.00 IN JUNE OF 2006. THE PURCHASE WAS MADE OVER THE PHONE AND DIRECTLY TO DELL. ALL MY PERSONEL INFORMATION WAS GIVEN I.E. NAME, ADDRESS FOR BILLING TELEPHONE. ALL CONTACT INFO. I HAD BOUGHT A COMPUTER FROM DELL IN 2000 WHILE LIVING IN CONNECTICUT, THAT ADDRESS WAS IN THEIR DATA SYSTEM. I MOVED TO NEW HAMPSHIRE 2004, I WAS HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH THE COMPUTER AND DECIDED TO PURCHASE THIS CONTRACT.

THE AGENT FROM DELL WAS INFORMED ABOUT MY NEW ADDRESS AND SAID " WE WILL CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION" THEY FAILED TO DO SO. I WAS TO PAY, ACCORDING TO THE CONTRACT MONTHLY, THROUGH THERE BILLING DEPARTMENT. I NEVER RECEIVED A BILL, A PHONE CALL,OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION FROM THEM.

I HAVE USED THERE SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE LAST 5 MONTHS. WITH EACH USE I GAVE MY NEW ADDRESS, AND THE RESPONSE WAS ALWAYS THE SAME "WE WILL UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION. THE RESULT OF ALL THIS , DELL FINALLY CANCELLED MY SERVICE CONTRACT,AND FILED "A DEAD BEAT REPORT" WITH ALL CREDIT BUREAUS, BASHING MY OTHER WISE EXCELLANT CREDIT INTO THE GROUND.

I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT DELL FINANCIAL SERVICES,ALL I AM ABLE TO DO IS SPEAK TO SOME PERSON IN INDIA WHO I CANT UNDERSTAND. HELP!!!

Robert
Jefferson, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2006 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas-78708/Dell-Financial-Services-ruined-my-credit-score-resulting-in-financial-harm-Austin-Texas-217812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

Change of address

AUTHOR: Whatever - (United States of America)

The individual had requested several times for a change of address.  While you may be right that he or she is still responsible for sending in payments, the overall complaint is that the representatives she spoke with were unwilling to do their job properly and as representatives should have offered them the opportunity to make a payment.

Just because it is your responsibility to pay your bills, it is also the responsibility for company officials to provide the means for paying your bill.  IE someone needed to say would you like to pay your bill now?  I can assist you with that.

The complaint is about bad customer service.

I agree ...

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

If your credit score is so important to you, then why did you never contact Dell to let them know that you haven't been receiving your bills? Not receiving a bill does not mean that you owe nothing. Ever think that it may have gotten lost in the mail? Or your address incorrect?

A responsible consumer would have:
1- Called Dell to resolve the issue and arrange to start receiving bills, OR
2- Called Dell to find out how much they currently owe and make a payment over the phone.

Never received a bill..

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

Dear Robert:

I used to work for the credit card industry and when I read you Rip-Off report reminded me of my former customers. As responsible consumer we cannot hide ourselves on the fact that we never received a bill. The fact that we never received one does not mean that we do not have to pay our dues every 30 days. DFS has a website and also a number that you could have called to request the amount to be paid and where to send a payment, not only that but you could have paid over the phone. No offense but I don't think is the company's fault. I think it was solely YOU.
Thanks,