Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2003

• Reported By:Castro Valley California
Dell Financial Services
3500 A Wadley Place Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services The worst customer service and no internal communication. Austin Texas

After purchasing and financing a computer with Dell, I recieved a bill and made a phone payment on April 15. Two weeks later I received a phone call from DFS customer service and was informed that I was 9 days late on my payment. I informed her (the DFS customer service agent) that I had made the payment by phone and gave her the confirmation number. I was told that their was a mistake on my account number and the payment was not processed. I gave her all of the correct information again and was assured that the payment was processed correctly this time. I also asked that the payment record show the original date of payment so that I would not get a negative report on my credit report. I was assured this was done and humg up the phone.

Not more than 10 minutes later I received another phone call from a new customer service agent and he said that my account was late and would I like to make a payment over the phone. I told him that I had just spoken to one of his co-workers and she had taken care of the account. He placed me on hold and verified that it was taken care of. He apologized for the the phone call and said that I should not be getting contacted again for this.

One week later (on Sunday morning) I received a call from another customer service agent saying that my account was now 20 days late and would I may a payment over the phone. This is when I lost it with them. I told this guy that my payment had been made, repeated the last conversation I had with Dell Financial and aksed to speak with a supervisor. He then put me through to someone named Ronnie (I think) and I had to repeat my story again. Ronnie told me that they had made a mistake on their part and that he would personally ensure that my account was brought up to date. I told him that I was told this in the past and did not believe that they could handle this.

This matter still has not been resolved. I told Dell that I would just write them a physical check for the full amount so that I would NEVER have to deal with them again. I would not recomment that anyone finance a computer through Dell.

Joy
Castro Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-Texas/Dell-Financial-Services-The-worst-customer-service-and-no-internal-communication-Austin-T-55861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services