Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: jl davis — New York United States of America
Dell Financial Services
Austin po box81585, Texas United States of America

Dell Financial Services failure to deposit payment in correct account Austin po box81585, Texas

*Author of original report: bite me.

*Consumer Comment: real problem is bob from irvine

*Consumer Comment: Your problem isn't with Dell

I have had my creit destroyed by Dell Financial Services, due to an error on their part, which they fail to recognize. I sent a check for the payment of a laptop computer I purchased. Unfortunately, my financial institution made a small error on the account number. It is at this point, DFS should have returned the check, got the corrected account number applied to a new check, and paid off my account.

Instead, DFS processed the check into some other account. I have the  cancelled check from them with the DFS account number into which it was deposited. Soon after that, I began getting late notices from DFS reporting that my account was delinquent. When I tried to contact them, all I received was a bunch of scripted verse from a person in India. After months of frustration, DFS sent my account to a collection agency named VKI. I contacted them and sent them all of the information and they agreed that DFS was at fault.

Over the last year, I have spent a good deal of money for getting my credit report repaired. DFS was not willing to give up, or investigate my complaint. They have now turned the account over to another collection agency, Midland Funding. They have reported the same account to the credit bureaus, so I am beginning the whole process over again. DFS does not have a number to call to reach their accounting department, so I have been unable to plea my case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Austin-po-box81585-Texas-78708-1585/Dell-Financial-Services-failure-to-deposit-payment-in-correct-account-Austin-po-box81585-965502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

bite me.

AUTHOR: jl davis - (United States of America)

Dell shoukld have recognized that the account number on the check was not a valid account, but they deposited it anyway, instead of sending it back for correction. liberal a*****e

real problem is bob from irvine

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

useless rebutts from the king of rebutts, watch out kenny is getting ready to dethrone you

Your problem isn't with Dell

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Dell did not make the mistake..your bank did.  So your bank is responsible for any damage this has caused you.

So why haven't you gone after your bank?  You should have immediately reported it as a disputed transaction.  Also, in figuring that this was a EFT(Electronic Funds Transfer), many banks have guarantees that if they make a mistake..THEY make it right.  Unfortunately if this has been over a year, you are probably past the time you could go after them.

By the way there is no such thing as a "small error" when it comes to EFT's.   The information is either valid or invalid..there is no in-between.  Not knowing what this "small error" was apparently it was enough for them to put it on a different account.