Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: R.O. — Ann Arbor Michigan United States of America
Dell Financial Services
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Financial Services This is how Dell treats customers? Unbelievable. Round Rock , Texas

*Consumer Comment: Similar situation.

I purchased a laptop from Dell for the following school year, taking advantage of a back to school promotion the computer arrived the next week. From day 1, it had problems. Overall, a horrible experience, and I now avoid Dell products at all costs.

First, the battery went in the first two months of ownership. After getting the new battery and installing it, they determined that the charging cable was faulty. Another three or so day wait for the part to arrive,  it was running normally again. Then the Hard drive went out, this time Dell decided I should send the laptop to them. What a mistake that was. They did send me a box to ship my computer in, then they shipped my computer to Texas, where I guess it just sat in a warehouse. I didn't hear anything for about three weeks (without a laptop in college, that is a long ass time, FYI) Concerned, I called Dell in India again, and after a nice game of six person phonetag, I got another Indian guy to call me back. He apologized asks for my address, telling me my computer is on its way. The computer is sent back quickly, but it was unfixed. It turns out they replaced the hard drive, but at the same time the video card went out.

After another two hour marathon call to India, and still with a broken computer, I was hung up on twice.  This all happened over the first six months of ownership, after which point they refused to even fix my computer. They explained to me that my warranty didn't cover the video card that needed replacing six months into ownership. After a month of fighting them trying to get my computer fixed, I just bought a new computer, washing my hands of that nightmare.

I look at it like I was blatantly lied to, the warranty I received with the computer explained that anything that failed on the computer in the first year due to normal use would be covered. Well, it wasn't.  And that's where we sit. Altogether, with the payments I made each month dutifully, I paid them almost $600. I still don't have a computer that is usable, just a piece of junk.

The worst part, is Dell Financial Services has bombarded me with harassing phone calls, threatening letters, and they have put a mark for $1,300 on my credit history. This is funny, as I have already paid them $600, not to mention the computer originally costs around $857 shipped. I understand there are finance charges, which were claimed to have a year of 0% interest by the way, clearly they just pocketed money, and walked away. Horrible, Horrible customer service, I'll never make that mistake again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Financial-Services-This-is-how-Dell-treats-customers-Unbelievable-Round-Rock-Te-927652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

Similar situation.

AUTHOR: Justin - (USA)

A few years ago I had purchased a Dell Inspiron.  I noticed there were a few dying pixels on the screen so I called them up and attempted to have them replace the screen.  After some basic troubleshooting, they said send the computer to them for a screen replacement.  I sent the computer and when it returned after three weeks with a new screen, the pixels on the screen were more garbled.  When I called them, they said I needed to let the screen warm up (I actually laughed at the situation).  It took a few more weeks to get them to replace the screen again.  It was a nightmare for a new product.  With your story, I am wondering if they have any type of quality control mechanisms in place.

authorized