Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

Dell Financial Services 12 months interest free finance - a trap internet

*General Comment: You're an a*

*Author of original report: Interesting Argument

*Consumer Comment: Incredible!

I purchased an Alienware computer from Dell, and the overall package costed about $3500.00.  Dell Financial Servies offered me a 12 month interest free financing. They explained to me that if I make the whole payment in 12 months, then no interest will be charged.

They set up an automatic payment for this purpose, which would charge my bank account every month, and complete the payment in 12 months. I agreed to it, as I did not want to pay any interest.

On 12th month, I checked my statemnet, and found, they decreased the monthly payment by a small amount from second month onwards, so that, in 12 months the full payment is not being made.

I called immediately, and they said, they were going to add about $550.00 as interest, because in 12 months the payment was not being complete. Fortunately I found, 2 days are still remaining to issue their latest statement, so I barely got the chance to avoid the extra $550 interest by making the full payment immediately.

This is how I was being tricked, and if I did not notice on the last moment, they would have charged me $550 extra.

The amounts that were being charged each month through automatic payment, was not decided by me. Those figures were decided by Dell Financial Services, And their system is designed (i dont know it is intentionally or not) to victimize the customer to fall prey to the bulk interest at the end of the year.

If there is any lawsuit against Dell Financial Services, do let me know. I have all the statemnets and would be glad to be onboard to unmask this deception.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/internet/Dell-Financial-Services-12-months-interest-free-finance-a-trap-internetnbsp-1155281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

#1 General Comment

You're an a*

AUTHOR: Captain11 - ()

I'm sure you read everything. I too got taken. Almost, but I caught it in time and wrote to FDIC who filed a complaint with dell. If you don't know what you are talking about you should think first before you make a total jerk out of yourself.

Donald Reddy

Interesting Argument

AUTHOR: saby - ()

Thanks for the Consumer comment#1.  Appreciate your attention.  According to you, if I forget to lock my house, and on return I find my stuff got stolen, the cops should blams me for my "INCREDIBLE" mistake.  I will think about that.

Incredible!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Let's see here....this is YOUR account, meaning YOU are on the hook for the money.  Someone who has an account, it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to be certain they are being charged correctly and monies are being applied as per the contractual agreement.  However, as per YOU, YOU haven't checked YOUR OWN account in a year...ONE YEAR!  Now you're crying about having to pay interest for whatever the reason they gave to decrease the payments!  You also said these payments are deducted from your bank account.  In OVER A YEAR you haven't checked that either, nor have you balanced your account, otherwise YOU would have caught this the second it happened!  But its all their fault, isn't it?  I guess its just the same old story of the big company out to get the little people and nothing you could have done would have changed it.  Yep...all their fault!  Nope...I don't work for them.