Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Submitted: Sun, November 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: DellSucks — South Haven Michigan USA
Dell Financial Services

Dell Financial Services GE Money Dell Financial - GE Money Bank - Lowest of the Low - MUST READ , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Questions

In 2006, I financed a Dell XPS Slimline from Dell Financial.  The amount financed was $900.  We (My wife and I) paid $3,500 over the course of 3 years on this machine.  Yes, a $900 machine.  We received a bill from Dell the exact week we sat down at the kitchen table to figure out how much we had paid them.  The bill was for $900!

Shortly after receiving this bill, I lost my job.  The collectors at Dell were calling my wife and I around the clock 2 days after we were late for the VERY FIRST TIME IN 3 YEARS.  My wife explained to them that we had always made double payments, always paid early, and had paid over $3,500 on a $900 computer and that I had just lost my job.  Their response was rudeness, unprofessionalism, and they demanded the $900 in full and threatened to "Ruin our good credit."  My wife told them to pound sand.

A few months later, a law firm contacted my wife and demanded the balance plus penalties.  My wife advised we did not have it 3 months ago, why would we have it now?  Well, shortly thereafter, they quit calling.  This was 3 years ago.  2 weeks ago someone was banging on my door, ringing the doorbell, looking through my peep hole, and yelling, "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE, OPEN UP!!!"  Of course I opened the door to see a plain clothed scruffy looking man standing there.  I said "Who in the hell are you?!"  To which he quickly whipped out his Badge and proclaimed, "I am an officer of the court!!"  Yeah, I bet that helps you sleep well at night pal.  Feel powerful?  Feel ... a little bigger downstairs?

Anyway, I digress.  I was served with papers being sued by Dell for over $1,100.  If I do not show up in court, I lose by default and I'm sure I will have to pay more.

Here is the scary part.  Never do business with Dell.  They are in the tank, have horrible reviews, and are completely screwing people over to try and save themselves from chapter 13.  DO NOT do business with these thieves and vultures.  Let their a**es sink and become only a blemished memory in the PC World.

Oh yeah and, their computers are sub par pieces of sh*t.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/internet/Dell-Financial-Services-GE-Money-Dell-Financial-GE-Money-Bank-Lowest-of-the-Low-MUST-973416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

Questions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

What was the minimum monthly payment? How many months in the term of the loan? What was the APR?