Complaint Review: Dell Financial Services

• Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Moorpark California
Dell Financial Services
www.dell.com/dfs Nationwide U.S.A.

Dell Financial Services Dell Fin. Called my cell phone for weeks dozens of times a day. Most of the time with no identification. Carol Stream Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Something you may not have known...

*Consumer Comment: Dell Financial Services

*Consumer Comment: See my post :Disabled and Abused"

*Consumer Comment: I feel for you on this one, and I am not even a Dell customer. Way to ensure I never will be!

I recently purchased a laptop computer for my college kid using Dell credit. The computer arrived, but the bill or statement never did. I found the account number on the dell website and registered online to make a payment. when I did, I noticed the bill was a few days late. I paid the bill and set up an automatic payment plan for 100/month. This was done on December 14th.

On the same day, I began to receive phone calls on my cell phone with caller id listed as "Unavailable". I answered the phone but no one was on the other line. I started to get these calls in a series of about 5 at a time in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the late evening.

One time, I answered and I got a recording. The recording did not identify themselves as Dell until much later in the call...and stated I needed to call them at 866-384-2485..which I did. No one picked up the phone. This went on for many days. Finally, I reached someone at the 866 number and sure enough it was Dell Financial.

I told them about the phone calls, the bill I never received, and the fact that I paid the bill online a week before. They were rude, interrupted me many times, and seemed to not beleive me. I have proof on my phone bill from Verizon that they called at least 10 times a day for a couple of weeks. I called Verizon two times to try to get them to stop. I tried to reach them but could not. I did not owe them money, yet the phone calls continued on my cell phone.

They checked and said yes they did receive my payment a week before but failed to credit my account and failed to stop the phone calls. They denied they called 10 times a day. Said their records showed only 2 times...which was not correct. Many times (most) no one was on the other line. Sometimes, I got the recording. They said they would stop the recorded phone calls now. They probably would have continued to call me had I not finally reached them. They were rude and denied any wrong doing on their part. I am waiting to find out what fees have been charged to my cell phone bill and how many minutes this has eaten up.

I submitted a complaint to the FCC and have since learned it is illegal for a bill collector to call and not identify themselves as Dell has repeatedly done on my cell phone over the last 2 weeks even though they received payment.

Bella
Moorpark, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2007 10:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial-Services/nationwide/Dell-Financial-Services-Dell-Fin-Called-my-cell-phone-for-weeks-dozens-of-times-a-day-Mo-293133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Something you may not have known...

AUTHOR: Thejawsman - (U.S.A.)

I am a former employee of a collections agency...when I saw that phone number I recognized it as one of our inbound call numbers.

DFS outsources a portion of it's early stage(1-2 months behind) delinquency to external agencies, including the one I used to work for.

866-384-2485 is a number for the company that I used to work at. For the record, our office ours are Monday-Thursday 8am-11pm, Friday 8am-4pm, Saturday 8am-Noon. Those numbers are in eastern time. If you tried calling outside of those times, obviously there is noone to answer your call.

Yes, this means your account was given to us to bring current. However, you won't know that because we answer calls to that number as if we were DFS (As we are required to by DFS) When we call you however, you may not always get the 866 number...sometimes we use a caller ID that will make it appear as if the call came from out of state. For the record, this agency is located in NY, but customers have claimed calls made through our automatic dialer system have had caller ID's from multiple states outside of NY. How they set that up is beyond my knowledge.

When calling that 866 number you HAVE to be patient because you won't know how many other inbound callers are waiting. Best tip I have is to wait for five minutes because you will be made to wait, more than likely. Another tip, is to call 866-384-2486 (Yes, 2486, not 2485) It's a far less busy number because we had a much lower volume of inbound calls to that area, so you will get a HUMAN on the phone quicker.

Hope this clarifies some issues...if not, feel free to post again.

Dell Financial Services

AUTHOR: Dell Sucks - (U.S.A.)

Please contact me with your contact information. I would like to speak with you regarding your experience with receiving collection calls from Dell or Dell Financial Services dellripoff at gmail

See my post :Disabled and Abused"

AUTHOR: Kalismack - (U.S.A.)

They do the same thing to me. Check out my post. The only way I have been able to get any positive assistance was by email. Try that.

AUTHOR: Brock - (U.S.A.)

I have been getting these same phone calls from Dell as well, and the sad part is I do not even have an account with them. They call 5 times back to back, and usually extremely early in the morning or late at night. I have told them 23 times (yes, really 23 times) that I do not have an account with them yet they keep calling.

Congratulations Dell, I have not made purchases from you and thanks to your stupid calls I never will.

Good luck with this.