Complaint Review: Dell Financial

• Reported By: Cynthia — Branford Connecticut United States of America
Dell Financial
One Dell Way, PS2DF-17 Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Dell Financial Dell Financing That NEVER Ends Round Rock, Texas

Usually, when you have an installment account, there does come a day when it is paid off.  Not so with Dell.

I first called them 2 years ago to inquire about paying down my balance within a reasonable amount of time. I asked the representative, "If the minimum due monthly is $57, how much do I need to pay to get this paid off within a reasonable amount of time - like 2 years?" The rep suggested $90. And so I did.

Fast forward 2 years later and I find that the balance, which was $1600 at the time, is now over $2k!! Irate, I called the company and asked how can this be. After all, I paid what was suggested and had set up an auto pay with my bank to wrap in April of this year. It was supposed to be paid off. Also, along the way I find out that they had changed the due date at the beginning of this year - which incurred late fees of $30-$35 per month - for what was supposed to be the final months of the account. It would have been nice to know they changed it.

Now they're suggesting a settlement of $1857 - to be paid over 3 months! They refuse to consider spreading that over a year - and worse, when I ask how much I'd need to pay on the account to clear it within a year (as opposed to settlement) I'm told $210...and that "that might be enough." I pressed, "So you're telling me that this $210 per month would be on the settlement number or on the 'never-ending account number?'" He replied, "The never-ending account number." They are apparently unable to calculate any sort of real number and payment plan.

It is thoroughly shameful that someone who pays in good faith for more than 2 years is left with a balance HIGHER than they started with! And if it weren't for the fact that I assumed this account as part of a divorce, I'd tell them to sue me for the balance. Unfortunately, I refuse to sully my ex-husband's credit (his name is on the account). And so, this single mom will do what I'm told because what else can I do?

What's worse, you can't talk to anyone who does anything more than read from a cue-card. Dell has the most horrible customer service I've ever encountered. And I can't believe that they're now expecting me to pay more than $2500 over the next 12 months in the HOPE that this account will finally be cleared. After already paying more than $2k.

Shame, Dell. Shame shame shame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dell-Financial/Round-Rock-Texas-78682/Dell-Financial-Dell-Financing-That-NEVER-Ends-Round-Rock-Texas-746935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dell Financial