My busisness partner was contacted by Del Martin of Tele-direct upon an internet search for telemarketing services. We had a few conversations over the course of a two months and after checking a reference we decided to give him a try.
The contract looked good and he guaranteed 20 "sits". Del seemed to be what we were loking for. We have tried a few other companies and have had limited success.
Looking back on the situation;Del was anxious to get our check. I executed the contract and faxed it over to him. After a few days of not hearing from him I called. Del stated that a few girls were ot and he was bringing on additional staff. Then a few days later Del called stating that the check was not going through. Apparently he had the wrong company name. A few days later, still no apointments and yet another techincal problem but was it being fixed and appointments would begin the first of the week. After a week we discovered that since my check was a credit card check; it was not able to be done via ACH.
I overnighted the check to resolve the problem. After 5 days we still did have any appointments. Del said that his phone lines were down due to construction damage from workers digging up the road nearby but that the problem was being fixed. Then after another work week he said that his office had moved and the phones were not up.
I gave Del an email stating that he had violated our contract and that unless we had appontments for Monday I would want a refund. On Monday, I got another excuse and wanted my money back.
I got no answer, no appointments and no refund
Del Martin has not produced and has decided to commit fraud and steal by not refunding my money for services that were never rendered.
Here is a record of our emails
Attached is the agreement, if you can do ACH its will get you started for next thursday, unless you can overnight today, if we wait until Monday your look at at least a week and 1/2 delay.
We will need criteria work sheet filled out and we will need zip codes of where we are to call.
Call me on my cell after 4 30 pm at 231 638 3556
Due to No activity and No responce, We are in breach of contract. I am formally requesting a refund of the $1000.00. I have contacted my credit card company and am disputing the charge and this will be escalated to the state attorney general's office. I simply can't believe that you will not honor the executed agreement.
There is activity on your account, we spoke at the end of last week, and you were informed of the IT problemes that we presented with, we have rectified some of the problems and are having calls made on your behalf. We have also had to change scripts 3 times at your request, this is an added cost of retraining TSR which is honestly out of the relm of the agreement and we have not billed you, but in fact bent over backwards to work with you.
You know why your account was held up with your banks not clearing your checks, when a job is put on hold we need time to get it back on schedule. we are now working to get you up and running with appintments to follow very shortly.
Now with you disputing your card, what are we suppose to do work you account then find funds are with withdrawn from our account.
I will be available on my cell in the morning and will attempt to call you to get this matter rectified.
We did speak at the end of last week when you again told us of the telephone problems. However, you also said the problem was addressed and you would be working on the account both Friday and Saturday and felt that there would be appointments beginning on Monday. If you recall, Keith asked you if that was a guarantee and you said yes. We haven't heard from you, we placed several calls on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with no response and no appointments. Then I see recent complaints being posted on the rip-off report.What am I supposed to think? The delay in payment and posting were understood. As a contractor, I don't expect work to begin without payment procurement according to the agreement. To be candid, I really want the appointments, not a refund. However, I am not willing to be kept in the dark with no communication and no results. I am willing to put a stay on the process. It is now Thursday. If there are no appointments set beginning on Monday we will expect to be refunded. If we don't hear from you by then or have appointments expect the process to begin. I feel this is both fair and reasonable rectification of the matter
His Reply on 10/29/07
We have been moving into a building we purchased, there was suppose to be no down time, seems verizon is havbg issues we should be up and running by tomorrow or next day, we are not going to run off, this has been a planned move for almost 3 months was suppose to be no down time
My final communication
Refund my money. You have not produced results and from this email it is clear that there has not been any activity. I do not wish to do busines with you. You can either refund the money or I can take the necessary steps to get it back; which do you prefer ?